+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 87 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer in's and out's rumours etc.

Don’t understand the negativity in signing a leading player from one of the leading clubs in Spain. Surely we need to see how he performs and he is undoubtedly a step up in quality from what we have.

There will be more signings in the next week or so but it is a competitive market and some will come off and some won’t.

Looks like the German CB will be next in unless Ben White forces a move. Either one of those would be good.

We are then after a winger cum 10 and Kent seems to be the favoured option but Watkins could fulfil the role too.

Also looks like Cook deal has legs.

If we end up with

Rodrigo
    Kent/Watkins
    Cook
    Koch

Then that looks like a reasonable transfer window coupled with the young talent brought in too. Anyone we bring in will have been blessed by Bielsa too so I’d rather he was happy than any of us.

Fair play to Radz and Orta for flying out to Spain to get it done too during these strange times.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Whilst Valencia appear to have "confirmed" that Rodrigo has signed, nothing from Leeds, so there is still hope!

A prediction.....

Rodrigo will pass the medical he is rumoured to be scheduled for tomorrow.

He will sign for Leeds

He will join the rest of the squad who by that time will have been back in training for about 10 days.

On September the 10th he will be declared injured, probably hamstring.

He will not play for Leeds until 2021, and even then he will contribute nothing of consequence.

Let's see who is right.

To be fair Rodrigo was targeted a while with Valencia owner Peter Lim being awkward as he literally 'owns' Rodrigo.https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ne-talks-about

His club are in a mess by all accounts too.https://www.football-espana.net/2020...lub-amid-chaos

Would appear Lim just wants to cut his losses on the player who is versatile,so more than just a striker and the deal will have necessary clauses regarding appearances.
    MOT

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    If the Rodrigo fella does sign today he will get my full support as always, how can anyone criticise before he kicks a ball,

Will admit big risk for the price and age but he does look a class act, providing he is fit of course, He will fit in perfectly with our team,

Born in Brazil opting for Spain, ANYONE who has caps and goals for Spain at any level must have done something right.
    Agreed. As long as he is fit, I am 100% behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Don’t understand the negativity in signing a leading player from one of the leading clubs in Spain. Surely we need to see how he performs and he is undoubtedly a step up in quality from what we have.

There will be more signings in the next week or so but it is a competitive market and some will come off and some won’t.

Looks like the German CB will be next in unless Ben White forces a move. Either one of those would be good.

We are then after a winger cum 10 and Kent seems to be the favoured option but Watkins could fulfil the role too.

Also looks like Cook deal has legs.

If we end up with

Rodrigo
    Kent/Watkins
    Cook
    Koch

Then that looks like a reasonable transfer window coupled with the young talent brought in too. Anyone we bring in will have been blessed by Bielsa too so I’d rather he was happy than any of us.

Fair play to Radz and Orta for flying out to Spain to get it done too during these strange times.
    Really like the look of Koch. Will be great addition for us. If Rodrigo comes, and that looks likely, don't think we will get Watkins. Looks like exciting things are happening for us.

If you had said we'd sign Koch and Rodrigo along with losing none of the existing team (except White) and signing some of the young talent we've signed I'd have taken it in a flash.

some of the U-23's are ready and I would not be surprised to see one of the new signees break into the first squad.

This is not a relegation squad with MB at the helm. it's a squad for the future that has to get through this first transition season. Very glad we have WBA, Fulham (with Parker as coach), Villa in the prem this year. Just have to be better than them. I think that MB is going to go after wins and we'll get routed some games but we'll also blow out some games. we'll win enough to stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    If you had said we'd sign Koch and Rodrigo along with losing none of the existing team (except White) and signing some of the young talent we've signed I'd have taken it in a flash.

some of the U-23's are ready and I would not be surprised to see one of the new signees break into the first squad.

This is not a relegation squad with MB at the helm. it's a squad for the future that has to get through this first transition season. Very glad we have WBA, Fulham (with Parker as coach), Villa in the prem this year. Just have to be better than them. I think that MB is going to go after wins and we'll get routed some games but we'll also blow out some games. we'll win enough to stay up.
    Can't agree. I am looking at playing in Champions or Europe League in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post

Absolutely HO, people keep saying look at JKA, without taking into account Rodrigo is at a whole different level to JKA. JKA was always a gamble (had a very chequered history prior to coming to us) whereas Rodrigo has been close to the top of the Valencia teamsheet for the last few seasons. To draw a PL equivalent, it's be like us signing Martial, or Jimenez or Richarlison, and I doubt there'd have been much moaning if we'd signed any of them

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    Absolutely HO, people keep saying look at JKA, without taking into account Rodrigo is at a whole different level to JKA. JKA was always a gamble (had a very chequered history prior to coming to us) whereas Rodrigo has been close to the top of the Valencia teamsheet for the last few seasons. To draw a PL equivalent, it's be like us signing Martial, or Jimenez or Richarlison, and I doubt there'd have been much moaning if we'd signed any of them
    Sorry OWT, those comparisons just don't stand up.

Martial appeared 32 times in the league for Scum last season, strike ratio of 1 in 2 appearances in all competitions
    Jimenenz appeared 38 times in the league for Wolves, and again, strike ratio of 1 in 2 appearances in all competitions
    Richarlison slightly less attractive, appeared 36 times in the league for Everton, strike rate of 1 in 2.5(ish) in all competitions

Rodrigo appeared for Valencia 27 times in 2019/20, strike rate 1 in 5 in all competitions (and worthy of note that that drops to 1 in 7 in the league, and has dropped off a cliff since the 2017/18 season, so were taking a gamble on being able to reverse AND improve that, on a player who last played in the PL in 2010/11. Better ways to spend the clubs money)

You're spot on, if we were linked with any of the three players you refer to, happy days. Not so much with a crocked player (passed medical or not) who scores less frequently than Bamford, who at least we know will run his heart out for the club AND contributes while doing so.

Will be very interesting to see how 'crocked" of a player he is. You did forget to mention his assists as well as the fact Valencia did not use him as their primary striker in the attack last year. The level of play is also much high than the championship. wish he was not 25-30 million but that's just where the market is. That's why signing young players and developing them is at such a premium right now.

I suspect he'll be much better than Pablo.

Pretty good company.

Nothing says that MB won't play both Rod and Bamford at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Will be very interesting to see how 'crocked" of a player he is. You did forget to mention his assists as well as the fact Valencia did not use him as their primary striker in the attack last year. The level of play is also much high than the championship. wish he was not 25-30 million but that's just where the market is. That's why signing young players and developing them is at such a premium right now.

I suspect he'll be much better than Pablo.

Pretty good company.

Nothing says that MB won't play both Rod and Bamford at the same time.
    I used OWTs mention of comparable players, and mentioned strike rate only for both.

Wherever Rodrigo was used, we need a striker, not another player to provide Bamford with assists he doesn't put away! Is it too much to suggest that the club focus on areas we really need to strengthen (and not the U23s!)

I suspect Gelhardt (if he gets 1st team time, not U23) will prove more valuable than this £36m "investment"

Page 13 of 87 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)