+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 61 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer in's and out's rumours etc.

Let's hope he isn't another Rod which people all over questioning and personally think we bought an expensive dud.
    I know people will say give him time and give him this but for a reputation like his gosh he just played for Spain surely he is up to fitness.
    Talk now is Ross Barkley? I like him but how on earth is he worth 126k a week which Chelsea is paying? Then again we are paying 45k for Kiko.
    Surely clubs can't survive paying this sort of figures with the climate we are in.
    Hope we aren't spending up just for the sake of it as the new recruits so far don't seem any better to what we had.

Think all the big signings this window have been good - Meslier, Costa, Rodrigo, Koch and Llorente all improve the squad.

Summerville looks handy too.

Rodrigo when up to speed will be quality and wonder if signing him has kept Bambi on his toes.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    .. Summerville looks handy too..
    Yeah Hopey, he was always a good front man in Bronski beat.

Hey Acido - let’s hope he sings the Bielsa tune!

Hey Acido - let’s hope he sings the Bielsa tune!
    Well I don't know wot that particular tune is Hopey lol, so I'll have to pass on that one ok.
    (hey, Im still wondering wot went wrong for us last night at Chelski!! lol).

Best to be out of the cups - hope you go well in the EFL and make the top 6

Best to be out of the cups - hope you go well in the EFL and make the top 6
    And I do think you genuinely mean that Hopey, so tahh for that.

But seeing as this thread is about transfers, how annoying is it when a clubs (this could be any clubs) rich owners wont put their hands in their pockets ?. They don't know wot ''speculate to accumulate'' actually means, and Im sure we all know this as fans.

Dutch fans were saying he didnt want to leave as hes only a ......Smalltown Boy!

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    Dutch fans were saying he didnt want to leave as hes only a ......Smalltown Boy!
    Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    And I do think you genuinely mean that Hopey, so tahh for that.

But seeing as this thread is about transfers, how annoying is it when a clubs (this could be any clubs) rich owners wont put their hands in their pockets ?. They don't know wot ''speculate to accumulate'' actually means, and Im sure we all know this as fans.
    Agreed - the stance of some of the prem clubs to furlough and making people redundant whilst still spending a fortune on transfers or player wages was a little sad and depressing.

Have to say Leeds under AR and AK have been pretty impressive in that regard.

I do wonder what will be left of grassroots, non league and lower leagues when the end of the this pandemic is over.

Will look out for Barnsley this season.

Take care Acido and keep safe

Page 61 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)