+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 68 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer in's and out's rumours etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Youre having a augh oz - surely?
    mpions league football, and mega wagesThis guy has made it cleasr that though he loves Leeds, he wants champions league football and wages that are far out of our reach.

Suppose we can aspire to that - but not for a few years IMO
    Laugh? just a little can you just imagine him in this team. I wonder why we didn't keep tabs on him early on but then again the way we were going we would have stuffed him up.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    I agree. I'm just glad we're going to get Michael Hutchence. Getting this guy above would take funds in excess of what we currently possess.
    What is it about our bands that are so popular in the UK and stand the test of time? ACDC Inxs?

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    On a serious note, this Michael Cuisance is an excellent acquisition. Like so many other young French players, he is tremendous technically and very good in tight spaces. He can play where klich plays or where phillips plays. Just 21.

From 12 years old in France all kids are introduced to participate in one football system which basically is 'Total football' in which any outfield player can take over the role of any other player in a team so no outfield player is fixed in a predetermined role - thus anyone can successively play as an attacker, a midfielder and a defender.

Ligue 1 Nantes Academy do a 1 hour introduction presentation for new recruits & parents stating why the above philosophy works so well at youth level and I was surprised to see film footage of Harry Potts,the Burnley manager of the 50s/60s and the 1962 Spurs double winning team playing a very similar football philosophy way before Cruyff and the 70s.
    The multicultural densely populated cities of France align all the elements required for an 'ideal football breeding ground' with an extremely high concentration of young players,plentiful supply of modern municipal sports facilities and a culture of fast paced informal matches on small sized pitches where technical dexterity and individual expression are allowed to flourish and encouraged.

All pro clubs have a psychological wellness programme that offers access to mental preparation coaches for players aged 12 and above. The hope is that by treating young players more attentively fewer talented youngsters will slip between the cracks even those with temperamental issues from difficult backgrounds.All this detail produces intelligent, mature and confident responsible young adults which I'm sure Southgate wishes he had at this moment in time and I'm sure Bielsa noted this aspect of footballing development within his time in France too - so hopefully our future will be better for it !

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    What is it about our bands that are so popular in the UK and stand the test of time? ACDC Inxs?
    The Seekers

Todd Cantwell

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Todd Cantwell
    Was impressive in occasion, but v inconsistent. Maybe Bielsa knows how to exploit him.

Do we need more outfielders now (do we need any more if anything?)?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Was impressive in occasion, but v inconsistent. Maybe Bielsa knows how to exploit him.

Do we need more outfielders now (do we need any more if anything?)?
    Squads getting better. Harder to spot a weak link, even on the subs bench (apart from keeper). If one gets tired, injured or looses a bit of form, then the replacement is equal.

Squads getting better. Harder to spot a weak link, even on the subs bench (apart from keeper). If one gets tired, injured or looses a bit of form, then the replacement is equal.
    Yes, billy but players eg our new signing only came cause he wants to play the first team. Like him players become disgruntled
    For arguments, take our Pat plays well gets dropped and then I look at under 23s and he is on the bench for them?
    Our team started well and now all the big signings taking there places not to mention the big dollars it can only spell danger.
    The young ones like Greenwood would be looking on and saying why did I come here as even if I play well I won't get a look in.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Yes, billy but players eg our new signing only came cause he wants to play the first team. Like him players become disgruntled
    For arguments, take our Pat plays well gets dropped and then I look at under 23s and he is on the bench for them?
    Our team started well and now all the big signings taking there places not to mention the big dollars it can only spell danger.
    The young ones like Greenwood would be looking on and saying why did I come here as even if I play well I won't get a look in.
    Long term project. They need to be aiming for breaking into the 1st team say during next season. We are building a dynasty.
    Assuming of course, there will be any teams left in business to compete.
    Last edited by Billyni; 30-09-2020 at 09:31 PM.

The Seekers
    Midnight Oil or Kajajuju not so much

Page 68 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)