+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer in's and out's rumours etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    What is it with this quote everyone uses. Gosh, 18 if your good enough and better than the current player you should be playing. Look at our goalkeeper they say goalies don't come good till about 27 plus So why are we playing and sign the dude for 3 years? Answer the staff thinks he's good enough to be number 1.
    Example last week here in oz Melbourne Victory second last on the table and been horrible all season sacked coach dropped so-called stars and played the youth team against a side 3 rd on the table. Result in a 4_0 win away from home and kids played them off the park.
    If they good enough play them if they can't hack the pace nurture them in the seconds under 23 whatever it is.
    P.s you know who you are and you're still a Cant.
    Spot on, 100%

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    As a fan, I think I would vote for 1 ruler throughout Europe.
    are you related to Michael Barnier? 😎😂

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    are you related to Michael Barnier? 😎😂
    Must confess to having a chuckle at the intentional typographical error. And to answer your question, no I am not related to Barnier. I wonder however if he is a Leeds fan. Had a few French players in our club over the years. Now we have Meslier.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Yep,one rule would be better.

Leeds v Genoa ?
    A legal point of view could intervene in any possible 'conflict of interest' scenario as UEFA differs 4 ways in Ownerships to PL presently.

1.shareholders’ voting rights.
    2.having the right to appoint or remove a majority of the members of the administrative, management or supervisory body of the club.
    3.being a shareholder and alone controlling a majority of the shareholders’ voting rights pursuant to an agreement entered into with other shareholders of the club.
    4.being able to exercise by 'any means a decisive influence' in the decision making of the club.

It is the fourth point that creates some uncertainty as what is a “decisive influence”? Ultimately, if UEFA decides that an owner HAS sufficient control of two or more clubs then they'll NOT be allowed to both participate in UEFA competition end of.

Example - That could be the likely scenario facing Red Bull Salzburg and RB Leipzig. Both are owned by Red Bull and both could finish in the qualifying places for the UEFA Champions League in their respective leagues.

So IF such a situation ever happened you'll get your definitive answer Cherry,but don't hold your breath !

MOT
    Thanks again Mrs O. Very thought provoking. I will pay attention to the Red Bulls.

Meanwhile behind the scenes ........ the ones that got away.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.co...why-it-failed/

I'll say it again. Nice to be listed in with the likes of this striker than getting turned down for some free transfers for some "has been" player that was the norm several years back.

Do have to say however, if you are going after some unproven striker that's never even played English football it's hard to believe we won't splash big cash for White. Not complaining. Just kind of a head scratcher. Not sure if we really thought the guy would come to Leeds but a $35 million offer is pretty scary. Eats up a huge chunk of the budget for the team. He's a shrewd businessman so i"m sure a lot more going on than meets the eye on this offer.

Of course there is a lot more going on spaldy mate, easy come, easy go. MB will have more then a folder or two on players world wide! The ground work was all laid out and down months ago imo. The two young lads we just got were out the blue for most of us. I just get a kick out of reading all the players being thrown about our way. Few more surprises coming our way I forecast.

Cody Dramaeh. Another 18 yo.

With all these youngsters coming in we should be a champions league winners in 7 or so years ��

Kalidou Koulibaly the French born centre back for Serie A club Napoli and captain of Senegal appears to be the best centre half around and is available for £60 million.

If Man City get him John Stones will surely be shifted out and his worth is around £25 million which for a ball playing technically gifted centre half is a snip,IMO.Only reservation is he's prone to silly niggly muscle injuries not helped by spending most of his time bench warming for his £100,000 per week.Barnsley born and maybe 'wiser' to not want a move to another big gun likes of Chelsea or Arsenal to bench warm and someone Bielsa could like on board.

Just shows how talented kids who opt for big moves like Stones don't always aspire to fulfil their early promise Mr Ben White.

MOT

Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)