+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 56 of 87 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer in's and out's rumours etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Only negativity is the money we spend on 2 players no negativity off the team where did you read? On the contrary, everyone was excited as after the Liverpool game.
    If your talking about the cup game comments well they were deserved cause we were crap.
    I totally disagree.

People have been posting, we are spending to much, we are spending to little, our transfer targets are rubbish, we are taking too long, we cant get transfers done, the transfers we have wont strengthen the team, our team is not good enough to survive, our youth teams are poor because our underage team lost to veterans, our B team is rubbish coz we lost to the Hull first team on penalties.

All negative, which reflects on the entire management team and the squad, all this and we are only one week into the new season.

I repeat an absolute nonsense.
    Last edited by LeedsFTW; 19-09-2020 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    I totally disagree.

People have posting, we are spending to much, we are spending to little, our transfer targets are rubbish, we are taking too long, we cant get transfers done, the transfers we have wont strengthen the team, our team is not good enough to survive, our youth teams are poor because our underage team lost to veterans, our B team is rubbish coz we lost to the Hull first team on penalties.

All negative, which reflects on the entire management team and the squad and all this and we are only one week into the new season.

LOL if management were viewing our forum they don't deserve to be in management. Look 4 games 4 loses. Apart from the first team the others were poor. We had a 26 mil player playing against a team 2 levels lower and doing stuff all.
    If you think things are bad here wait till today if somehow we loose lol.
    But seriously the negativity you mention is more disappointment. Anyway, let's smash this imposters and all will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    I totally disagree.

People have been posting, we are spending to much, we are spending to little, our transfer targets are rubbish, we are taking too long, we cant get transfers done, the transfers we have wont strengthen the team, our team is not good enough to survive, our youth teams are poor because our underage team lost to veterans, our B team is rubbish coz we lost to the Hull first team on penalties.

All negative, which reflects on the entire management team and the squad, all this and we are only one week into the new season.

Ok, so I was one if those who suggested we would struggle to survive, and was proved completely wrong by the performance against Liverpool, where essentially we played the same players as got us promotion. Dont think anyone would criticise the players (and I made a comment about neither Koch nor Rodrigo having had any chance to "acclimatise" to the way Bielsa wants the team to play, so hardly surprising they both looked ike fish out of water).

I dont think the more expensive transfer targets were right, and once Koch and Rodtrigo have settled in, we will see, but theres the rub, we will probably not see them at their best until the end of October, 6 or 7 games in and despite the Liverpool result, without strengthening, our squad will be under very great pressure, something we could have avoided had we been a little more aggressive in the transfer market (and less fixated on White given Brightons attitude).

As Oz says, 4 games, 4 losses. Losing (just as winning), can be habit forming, and whilst not every player has played in every match, (obviously), enough of the squad(s ) have to start chipping away at the confidence that came from the performance against Liverpool.

And the "team" that played against Dull didn't deserve to win, penalties or not.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Ok, so I was one if those who suggested we would struggle to survive, and was proved completely wrong by the performance against Liverpool, where essentially we played the same players as got us promotion. Dont think anyone would criticise the players (and I made a comment about neither Koch nor Rodrigo having had any chance to "acclimatise" to the way Bielsa wants the team to play, so hardly surprising they both looked ike fish out of water).

I dont think the more expensive transfer targets were right, and once Koch and Rodtrigo have settled in, we will see, but theres the rub, we will probably not see them at their best until the end of October, 6 or 7 games in and despite the Liverpool result, without strengthening, our squad will be under very great pressure, something we could have avoided had we been a little more aggressive in the transfer market (and less fixated on White given Brightons attitude).

As Oz says, 4 games, 4 losses. Losing (just as winning), can be habit forming, and whilst not every player has played in every match, (obviously), enough of the squad(s ) have to start chipping away at the confidence that came from the performance against Liverpool.

And the "team" that played against Dull didn't deserve to win, penalties or not.
    Just want to point out that U23s drew 2-2 with Wolves last night. Our first point.

logical that cooper will come back in, we shipped 4 goals last weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    logical that cooper will come back in, we shipped 4 goals last weekend!
    Should have brought Cooper back and kept Struijk in preference to playing Koch. He and Rodrigo need time to acclimatise and they wint get it whilst getting pressured in 1st team games.

unusually, we agree WTF11, wont do Koch“s confidence any good, and Rodrigo hasnt adjusted to the pace in training yet, sure they will be ok in time though.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    Just want to point out that U23s drew 2-2 with Wolves last night. Our first point.
    And played them off the park 2 posters Gel lad should have had a hattrick 2 nil up and here we go 2-2 so your point lol

Dan James 😮😮

Doesnt look like Fat Frank's £180m worth of signings is going to help them beat Liverpool.

Page 56 of 87 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)