+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 69 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer in's and out's rumours etc.

Suspect far more UK bands exported over the years

Beatles
    Stones
    Oasis
    Blur
    Bowie
    Genesis
    Pink floyd

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Midnight Oil or Kajajuju not so much
    Nit sure jadjagugu were aussies

Not sure Kajagoogoo were Aussies....

http://www.kajagoogoo.com/?LMCL=J8N3Uv

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    From 12 years old in France all kids are introduced to participate in one football system which basically is 'Total football' in which any outfield player can take over the role of any other player in a team so no outfield player is fixed in a predetermined role - thus anyone can successively play as an attacker, a midfielder and a defender.

Ligue 1 Nantes Academy do a 1 hour introduction presentation for new recruits & parents stating why the above philosophy works so well at youth level and I was surprised to see film footage of Harry Potts,the Burnley manager of the 50s/60s and the 1962 Spurs double winning team playing a very similar football philosophy way before Cruyff and the 70s.
    The multicultural densely populated cities of France align all the elements required for an 'ideal football breeding ground' with an extremely high concentration of young players,plentiful supply of modern municipal sports facilities and a culture of fast paced informal matches on small sized pitches where technical dexterity and individual expression are allowed to flourish and encouraged.

All pro clubs have a psychological wellness programme that offers access to mental preparation coaches for players aged 12 and above. The hope is that by treating young players more attentively fewer talented youngsters will slip between the cracks even those with temperamental issues from difficult backgrounds.All this detail produces intelligent, mature and confident responsible young adults which I'm sure Southgate wishes he had at this moment in time and I'm sure Bielsa noted this aspect of footballing development within his time in France too - so hopefully our future will be better for it !

MOT
    Very interesting. You are absolutely right about Southgate and the 2 twits he had to deal with. I remember Arsene Wenger philosophizing about how he believed that clubs should take better care of the kids on their books. Now I know what he was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Nit sure jadjagugu were aussies
    Never heard of them.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Suspect far more UK bands exported over the years

Beatles
    Stones
    Oasis
    Blur
    Bowie
    Genesis
    Pink floyd
    Wasn't comparing with your exports as with the population of both countries I would assume you would have much more to offer. But for the size of us, it's good to see some of our bands leaving such a mark on the world stage. My fav of all is Midnight Oil perhaps not known in the heights of acdc. Hunter's and collectors are another top Ozzie band. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD-58aVlPYk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEzrnEyJrHE
    This one the lead singer of the hunter's and collectors sings with his daughter what you think she has the voice of an angel.
    Last edited by ozleeds; 30-09-2020 at 10:55 PM.

This group not well not around the world but was good for us woan 1975! Years latter 1083 we moved to bendigo and the lead singer is my neighbour
    You wouldn't recognise him as i didn't at first until i started talking to him.
    Keith Lamb Name:  Keith_Lamb_(musician).jpg
Views: 121
Size:  5.7 KB
    Last edited by ozleeds; 30-09-2020 at 11:22 PM.

What a lot of people may not know but most of this groups are actually mainly born in the uk. Lamb was born in england acdc original lead singer was a scot.

Now what thread am i on i forgot.
    WTF that song of Mark seymour and his daughter a picked for you M8 for your loss.

men at work.

Page 69 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)