+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Wave On The Way

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Just to be clear about SARS-Covid2......I'm really not that concerned who gets it or who doesn't get it.. Life is life and most live it in a way that suits them. Weather you thing C-19 is fake news or not, doesn't in the slightest concern me or bother me...and I tell people that daily.

But some things are fact.....hospitals across the globe are reaching breaking point due to the nature of this virus, compared to most previous years.....Hospitals across the globe were shown up to be woefully inadequately prepared for this little virus. Many countries almost ran out of basic ventilator parts, such was the increase in demand.
    Take Texas for an example...many of the counties in that state are at of near capacity in terms of ICU beds...unprecedented. India, Iran Brazil Mexico,Italy France Spain...the list is endless. Now these are people who need treatment in an ICU environment. The only reason why it has eased off...is because people had the shyte scared out of them over this little virus....

As for now?
    Well...people have had enough.
    Fine by me.

And incidentally, I don't think the virus gives a flying Fcuk that people are fed up...It's a virus..it doesn't think.
    The lockdown was always about buying time to get prepared and not get stuffed and over run at the start.
    Be under no illusions......ICU capacity came close to topping out...were it not for the slowing down of the transmission in the community. That could only have been achieved by the draconian measures taken the world over.....but the world wants to move on....fine by me....but I can tell you there are many hospital staff who will not hang around if and when this starts kicking off again...

Here in Ireland they median age of infection is now below 40 and falling...so younger people...I now know of at least two mid 20 years old who are currently close to ventilator treatment. Both are healthy enough...but both have asthma...No anybody with asthma?

Good sensible post as always. As you say people can do exactly what they want but this virus is not going away and I am of the view it will come back stronger. There’s talk of a trade off now - pubs closing so schools can reopen. I like a drink but schools must reopen so our kids can be educated and opportunities are not missed. People can always drink at home FFS or outdoors!

Annoys me still when out walking - had a huge row today as a jogger came within touching distance as opposed to not going around me. I shouted FFS - he stopped and said what’s your problem. I told him he was an inconsiderate c unt and it nearly came to blows - wish I had just stuck my leg out! Why do joggers even want to jog on popular Family walking paths anyway covered in sweat!

Just to be clear about SARS-Covid2......I'm really not that concerned who gets it or who doesn't get it.. Life is life and most live it in a way that suits them. Weather you thing C-19 is fake news or not, doesn't in the slightest concern me or bother me...and I tell people that daily.

But some things are fact.....hospitals across the globe are reaching breaking point due to the nature of this virus, compared to most previous years.....Hospitals across the globe were shown up to be woefully inadequately prepared for this little virus. Many countries almost ran out of basic ventilator parts, such was the increase in demand.
    Take Texas for an example...many of the counties in that state are at of near capacity in terms of ICU beds...unprecedented. India, Iran Brazil Mexico,Italy France Spain...the list is endless. Now these are people who need treatment in an ICU environment. The only reason why it has eased off...is because people had the shyte scared out of them over this little virus....

As for now?
    Well...people have had enough.
    Fine by me.

And incidentally, I don't think the virus gives a flying Fcuk that people are fed up...It's a virus..it doesn't think.
    The lockdown was always about buying time to get prepared and not get stuffed and over run at the start.
    Be under no illusions......ICU capacity came close to topping out...were it not for the slowing down of the transmission in the community. That could only have been achieved by the draconian measures taken the world over.....but the world wants to move on....fine by me....but I can tell you there are many hospital staff who will not hang around if and when this starts kicking off again...

Here in Ireland they median age of infection is now below 40 and falling...so younger people...I now know of at least two mid 20 years old who are currently close to ventilator treatment. Both are healthy enough...but both have asthma...No anybody with asthma?
    I can only speak for Sweden, but we have never been anywhere near hospitals reaching their breaking point.

As I said before, lockdowns and similar measures are far more dangerous than the virus.

There are times when we think we going over the top. I still haven't been in a shop since March. We do click and collect at ASDA ,when we bring the shopping in it all gets washed then all all the door handles are cleaned any online shopping and post is left for a couple of days.
    Furthist iv'e been from house is Rowley Regis Hospital for a chest xray and i felt a vunerable old bloke.
    Wearing a mask for click and collect,i can hardly breath after and have to use an inhaler . Lockdown is wearing me out,then i look at the charts or see everybody carying on as if it's normal and you start questioning yourself.

What the frick is a second wave anyway?? Could just be part of the first wave, maybe the first wave didn't end because everyone came out of lockdown. This Government is now IMO making it up as it goes along. There is now talk and plans drawn up to tackle any civil disobedience and riots in case of lockdown measures, I fear this merry band of mad scientists with Boris leading em will create a tsunami of mental health issues and a complete busting of the economy.

This is what is happening in Melbourne Aus right now some of this could very well be coming our way up and down the country very soon

A Curfew between 8pm-5am, Schools again closed and online schooling only, no childcare available, all shops closed again with only supermarkets and chemists open, only one person allowed to shop no couples, allowed to travel no further than 3 miles, public transport is limited, one hour of exercise max per day outdoors, mask wearing mandatory

If or when we have a vaccine, will we all go straight back to the old ‘normal’ or will some of the Covid measures remain? In other words, what will the new ‘normal’ look like? If all, or most, of us get vaccinated will Boris and co. say alright lads, all back into the football stadia, unrestricted pub opening, parties and music venues all immediately free of restrictions? I wonder? Also, what will happen if an effective vaccine does not materialise, do we say what the hell, just another of life’s risks and go back to the old normal?

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    I can only speak for Sweden, but we have never been anywhere near hospitals reaching their breaking point.
    The issue around your quote SB, is that the curtailing of travel in many countries (Sweden excluded) helped play a part in many countries not exceeding their ICU capacity because the disease was checked. It bought time that's all. Most ICUs scaled up quickly when it became clear what was happening Italy and Spain. Of course others suffered and are still suffering.
    Incidentally, over 1,200,000 children have died directly or indirectly through malutrition in the same period as SARS_Cov2..(source United Nations. WHO)
    But starving to death and C-19 deaths are different in that one can take up an ICU bed...the other can be on the side of a ditch or field.

There's so much of this down to opinion formed on spurious "facts" - how many deaths in Wuhan, how countries around the world recorded their deaths then altered that in order to come out of lockdown, WHO changing their tune on face coverings, the list goes on and as we have seen you can only expect folk to follow the rules for so long before something else starts to dominate the agenda.

I expect the virus will continue to spread as a direct result of societal behaviour but now there is greater access to testing (accuracy however is questionable - my brother-in-law had 3 negatives and was really poorly at home but has since had a positive antibody test result) and antibody testing we will start to get a better idea of the true scale of the risk.

The issue around your quote SB, is that the curtailing of travel in many countries (Sweden excluded) helped play a part in many countries not exceeding their ICU capacity because the disease was checked. It bought time that's all. Most ICUs scaled up quickly when it became clear what was happening Italy and Spain. Of course others suffered and are still suffering.
    Incidentally, over 1,200,000 children have died directly or indirectly through malutrition in the same period as SARS_Cov2..(source United Nations. WHO)
    But starving to death and C-19 deaths are different in that one can take up an ICU bed...the other can be on the side of a ditch or field.
    That’s an appalling and interesting figure about children’s malnutrition DB, and what reaches the headlines?

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    That’s an appalling and interesting figure about children’s malnutrition DB, and what reaches the headlines?
    The plain truth SB is that nobody cares about the malnutrition figure with children.....it is deemed the economics of life.....
    That headline is never going to be headlines anywhere.....cause it is deemed a part of life......it wouldn't sit with people in a world where half the western world is struggling to come to terms with an explosion of obesity related diseases....

I'll give you an example...a bariatric bed is a bed for a patient..usually around 20st (127kg) About 12 years a go we would order in one of those, perhaps once every 6/9 months......such was the use needed....
    Today...we have one in use practically all the time..plus we have rented out another 2 or so......our standard beds are already straining with the continued use from obese patients in the beds constantly...Its a major health issue....it has been behind over 40% of our admitted cases back in April/May C-19 period.....under lieing health conditions...

So millions are potentially dying from over eating...and millions are dying from not eating.....you couldn't make this shyte up...

The plain truth SB is that nobody cares about the malnutrition figure with children.....it is deemed the economics of life.....
    That headline is never going to be headlines anywhere.....cause it is deemed a part of life......it wouldn't sit with people in a world where half the western world is struggling to come to terms with an explosion of obesity related diseases....

I'll give you an example...a bariatric bed is a bed for a patient..usually around 20st (127kg) About 12 years a go we would order in one of those, perhaps once every 6/9 months......such was the use needed....
    Today...we have one in use practically all the time..plus we have rented out another 2 or so......our standard beds are already straining with the continued use from obese patients in the beds constantly...Its a major health issue....it has been behind over 40% of our admitted cases back in April/May C-19 period.....under lieing health conditions...

So millions are potentially dying from over eating...and millions are dying from not eating.....you couldn't make this shyte up...
    Quite and sadly true - obesity is really a major health issue in the western world.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)