+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EFL statement on Sheffield Wednesday

All clubs that have been affected by this decision should all stand together and it might make EFL take notice for once

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    All clubs that have been affected by this decision should all stand together and it might make EFL take notice for once
    I can almost guarantee that if we receive a positive outcome from the appeal we won't be backing Charlton up and neither will anyone else .

The game only needs cleaning up when it works directly against you is the narrative it seems .

That is how things work in this day and age and collectivism ended in the mid 80's.

I’d like to see Wigan, Charlton, and a few clubs like Sunderland and Plymouth who have been affected by this three year Fraud band together and Challenge the EFL in the Court. It’s not just this seasons relegation and outcome it has affected, it’s a few years. They are the ruling body, yet fail to rule.
    Hiding behind the “Independent inquiry” screen every time it involves a sticky situation with a club like Wednesday.
    We all know our, and others “Legal action” will come to nowt. We will puff and blow, and then “accept the situation for the good of the clubs name....”

Probably a bit like we accepted the BAMBO suspension, because the song was upsetting the EFL....
    Funny that! , How the season ends, and suddenly there’s news about Bambo ..............
    Shouldn’t think the song will go away... so we can expect a 15 point deduction for the Ponte singing it..... (I’ll wager that it’ll be given in the same season.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    It would take a miracle, and the mud from a thousand football pitches to plaster the eyes of the EFL, and a sea bigger than the Med to wash the mud out. .....
    Even Jesus couldn’t make this lot see.

It's all self interest Jules.

Clubs will only act out of self interest, not as a group.

Charlton are only "considering" a legal action about Wednesday at the moment because they know, if Wigan win their appeal, then Charlton would drop to 23rd and winning an appeal about Wednesday and Wednesday going bottom would only take them to 22nd and still relegation.

You only have to look at Birmingham to see the way it goes with EFL - 'Big' clubs get away with pretty much what they want - even 2 points deducted would've sent Birmingham down. I wonder in their case if the potential future sale of a player for a big fee had any bearing on the outcome??

The whole game of football is “Bent” from FIFA downwards with bribes,illegal payments,club owners bending league rules and players cheating and diving on the pitch.Everything should be sorted out from top to bottom but of course that will not happen because the people at the top that makes the rules have all got their fingers in the pie.I am old enough to remember how the game was played just after the war when there was no arguments with the referees,no diving or cheating on the pitch,no crowd segregation and no big money tv payments that has created all the greed.The “Sport” has gone out of football and will never come back because of big money and greed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fileytyke View Post
    The whole game of football is “Bent” from FIFA downwards with bribes,illegal payments,club owners bending league rules and players cheating and diving on the pitch.Everything should be sorted out from top to bottom but of course that will not happen because the people at the top that makes the rules have all got their fingers in the pie.I am old enough to remember how the game was played just after the war when there was no arguments with the referees,no diving or cheating on the pitch,no crowd segregation and no big money tv payments that has created all the greed.The “Sport” has gone out of football and will never come back because of big money and greed.
    Correct Filey , big money corrupts , always has and always will in all aspects of life .

Once you enter a situation where money gives you immunity from the law of the land then you are finished as a credible authority .

However this is also played out in society today in various instances .

The rules don't apply to you if you are a PM's top advisor for instance during a pandemic even though it was you who put the rules in place .

There comes a point when you simply walk away from it altogether and just concentrate on your own family and friends .

Leave em to it , what's the point and in terms of football in this country right now I'm right on the line with it .

Quote Originally Posted by Fileytyke View Post
    Nice post Filey. I'm in agreement with Animal, I'm on the precipice too where football is concerned. It lost it's integrity a long time ago. Wouldn't it be nice if football was now how you remembered it after the war. Alas it will never be because as you quite rightly point art, it's bent right from the top darn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12