+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Minus 12 for Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    Wasn't Wigan's for going into administration and Wednesday for financial irregularities? Two crimes treat differently
    Yes

But just to play devil’s advocate, in Wigan’s case it could be a sequence of events mainly out of their control that sent them into debt. In Wednesday’s case it looks as though it was a planned and deliberate act to cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes

But just to play devil’s advocate, in Wigan’s case it could be a sequence of events mainly out of their control that sent them into debt. In Wednesday’s case it looks as though it was a planned and deliberate act to cheat.
    I find it incredible that the sale of Hillsborough was for 60M. Boothy only offered them a tenner

Apparently they are blaming the independent evaluators firm blunkett & sons.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I find it incredible that the sale of Hillsborough was for 60M. Boothy only offered them a tenner

My shed’s on eBay, bargain at £15 million. Strangely no bids yet

My shed’s on eBay, bargain at £15 million. Strangely no bids yet
    Well ebays same as swillsbourough its always better to win it in the last minute ...

Weren't Derby charged with a similar offence to Wednesday? If so they might be sweating a bit now.
    Also, I wonder whether Charlton might consider legal action on the grounds that Wednesday's punishment should have been this season.....and what if Wigan win their appeal?
    It's a bugger's muddle ☹

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Weren't Derby charged with a similar offence to Wednesday? If so they might be sweating a bit now.
    Also, I wonder whether Charlton might consider legal action on the grounds that Wednesday's punishment should have been this season.....and what if Wigan win their appeal?
    It's a bugger's muddle ☹
    And Reading I think

Charlton are going to challenge

Yes

Don't believe for one minute Wigan are some kind of victims Grist .

They have a similar turnover to what the Millers will have next season .

The difference is they have a £20m wage bill to service on a £12m income and that's before operational costs .

The Wigan Athletic's of this world are the the type of club who'd relegate you next season .

Will all of the outstanding irregularities at the clubs identified be sorted before 12th September, assuming that's when the season starts as we stand now?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Don't believe for one minute Wigan are some kind of victims Grist .

They have a similar turnover to what the Millers will have next season .

The difference is they have a £20m wage bill to service on a £12m income and that's before operational costs .

The Wigan Athletic's of this world are the the type of club who'd relegate you next season .
    No, like I said, Devil’s advocate

There’s no way SWFC stumbled into their position by mistake, it would have been discussed at high level within the club with the question “can we get away with it” asked many times

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast