+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Minus 12 for Wendy

I think wigans new owners thought buy the club cheap . Go into admin , get rid of debts, buy it again on the cheap.
    And dropped a bollik

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    No, like I said, Devil’s advocate

There’s no way SWFC stumbled into their position by mistake, it would have been discussed at high level within the club with the question “can we get away with it” asked many times
    All I'm saying Grist is that the Wigan have lived beyond their means the season just gone .

The mid table finish was achieved by spending money they don't have .

Take the new ownership out of it who clearly have an agenda that's not come to light yet in factual terms .

The previous Wigan ownership are the ones who have dyked the club over financially .

When the Millers can buy Kieffer Moore for £4m you'd know with all due respect something wasn't right financially .

Well that's how Wigan have ended up mid table and they've been relegated enough times in recent times back down to league one when they've come in on budget or there abouts .

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Weren't Derby charged with a similar offence to Wednesday? If so they might be sweating a bit now.
    Also, I wonder whether Charlton might consider legal action on the grounds that Wednesday's punishment should have been this season.....and what if Wigan win their appeal?
    It's a bugger's muddle ☹
    As I understand it, it's not the valuation of the ground that is what the truffle diggers have been done for (however suspect the sale was), it's the placing of that transaction into the wrong financial years accounts on order to get around FFP. I suspect Derby and Reading will avoid points deductions and get a slap on the wrist along with a token fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    As I understand it, it's not the valuation of the ground that is what the truffle diggers have been done for (however suspect the sale was), it's the placing of that transaction into the wrong financial years accounts on order to get around FFP. I suspect Derby and Reading will avoid points deductions and get a slap on the wrist along with a token fine.
    I think selling something to yourself and claiming it as income against which to offset players wages under FFP rules might also have played a part.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I think selling something to yourself and claiming it as income against which to offset players wages under FFP rules might also have played a part.
    The whole thing is corrupt, plain and simple cheating.

if Reading and Derby get the same 12 point deduction I may have a £1 on us staying up

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Will all of the outstanding irregularities at the clubs identified be sorted before 12th September, assuming that's when the season starts as we stand now?
    It seems unlikely doesn't it and particularly if Charlton do go ahead with a legal challenge. I cant see that being resolved in 6 weeks so what would happen then?
    Also, if Wigan won their appeal you'd have to assume that Barnsley would justifiably be outraged and challenge the decision in the courts.
    As I said earlier it's a bugger's muddle and the EFL look more inadequate on an almost daily basis.

At what stage does TS’s careful stewardship get us up to the Premiership just by virtue of everyone else having batty owners and getting points deductions??

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    At what stage does TS’s careful stewardship get us up to the Premiership just by virtue of everyone else having batty owners and getting points deductions??
    This coming season. You heard it here first!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    This coming season. You heard it here first!!!
    Yes win it this season but won't take effect until the 2050 season

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    All I'm saying Grist is that the Wigan have lived beyond their means the season just gone .

The mid table finish was achieved by spending money they don't have .

Take the new ownership out of it who clearly have an agenda that's not come to light yet in factual terms .

The previous Wigan ownership are the ones who have dyked the club over financially .

When the Millers can buy Kieffer Moore for £4m you'd know with all due respect something wasn't right financially .

Well that's how Wigan have ended up mid table and they've been relegated enough times in recent times back down to league one when they've come in on budget or there abouts .
    I don't disagree with any of that but when it comes to a deliberate plan to cheat SWFC win hands down.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast