+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: How many points will we get

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Maybe. I don't think ours will be that bad yet and COVID will have screwed everything up.
    But yes, there seems to be no clear path on punishments anything at the moment.
    Even transfer bans have been strange.
    Are Forest under tribunal review too then?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Yes I agree but we probably can't hammer the EFL on this as the tribunal/commission, or whatever it is, is independent and therefore answerable to nobody. Which doesn't help.
    Not completely true MA the EFL are 33% of the tribunal/ commission Not exactly independent is it .

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Are Forest under tribunal review too then?
    No, but the time period is nearly in play since we started spending again. Remember we had a transfer ban for it & couldn't spend owt, yet DCFC were splashing big time in that period.

No, but the time period is nearly in play since we started spending again. Remember we had a transfer ban for it & couldn't spend owt, yet DCFC were splashing big time in that period.
    You said "I dont think ours WILL be that bad YET....." which implies its yet to come, not the historic one?

You said "I dont think ours WILL be that bad YET....." which implies its yet to come, not the historic one?
    I am talking about the over spend at the end of the time period Geoff. That transfer ban, gave us a breathing space, of no spending whilst others splashed. I'm still convinced Cash with be sold soon circa £15M.
    Unless Marinakis buys the club shop from himself, for £35 M which I am told he valued it at. (koff)

Geoff I think Tricky meant to put "yours" will be that bad .

I am talking about the over spend at the end of the time period Geoff. That transfer ban, gave us a breathing space, of no spending whilst others splashed. I'm still convinced Cash with be sold soon circa £15M.
    Unless Marinakis buys the club shop from himself, for £35 M which I am told he valued it at. (koff)
    He could probably sell the council lease to himself for 60m or so and then sublease it back to the club for 20k a year rent?

He could probably sell the council lease to himself for 60m or so and then sublease it back to the club for 20k a year rent?
    WOW, I'll pass that on GP.
    You're a genius. MM should hire you.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Not completely true MA the EFL are 33% of the tribunal/ commission Not exactly independent is it .
    One can have representation on a tribunal or committee and as long as one does not have control then its independent, whcih with EFl having a third if what you say is correct then they can't control it.

Just read the Tribunal judgement on Sheffield Wednesday which I think was released yesterday and signed 16 July.

Reading through the evidence it seems very clear that the only conclusion which could be reached is that the profit on the sale of the stadium could not be correctly reported in the period ending 2018. No Heads of Agreement were in place at the accounting date. If there was an oral agreement, which is by no means clear, UK legal precedent is that such an agreement is void. The accountants, and expert accounting witnesses, both for the club and the EFL agree any profit could not be properly recognised in 2018. I think this is right.

SW put 3 subsidiary arguments forward should their main point fail. Won’t run through them but the logic for dismissal seems sensible.

I understand SW are appealing.

If we understand the Derby facts correctly I can’t see that the SW decision set an adverse precedent but who can tell!

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)