+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How many points will we get

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39546028]Mista...and Swale...don’t worry, be happy. Fun time Frankie’s just lost at Wembley and England are about to win the cricket...again![/QU

RA I think Swales gets confused between concerned and worry Frank is used to losing at Wembley. I didn't know England had even won before Just checked they are playing Ireland didn't even know they played cricket

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Swales I worry that you worry about RA worrying, He can't change from worrying about things he can't change ,but you can stop worrying about him 😊😊
    I do worry about him, the gloomier (sorry more realistic ) he gets the more I think his gloom could age him prematurely! But I only worry in passing after all who knows if any of us will be around to witness the emergence of that promotion chasing team next season?

Oh no thats worrying

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Hang on...you two can adopt the unfamiliar role of ‘happy clappers’ as much as you like if it makes you feel better.
    I’m not being unduly negative, stubborn or gloomy, although I am perhaps guilty of realism.
    I still hope, just as you do Swale, that we won’t get any sort of points deduction and I remain optimistic that we won’t.

Having said that...the scenario was always going to be that the 2019/20 season was going to be a season of rebuilding under a new manager unfamiliar with the demands of the Championship.
    Should (that means ‘IF’) next season is to be derailed from the off by a significant points deduction I’ll be disappointed. I’d anticipated good things with Cocu being able to assemble a team that he believes is fit to challenge in the Championship and IF we face a hefty points deduction then those plans seem likely to be on hold for another season.

That is all I’m saying - not ‘worrying’ about. I save that for more serious matters.
    Seems to me like realism, but then this time last year had anyone predicted Keoghgate, Rooney being our captain, or football having to be played behind closed doors they’d have been declared insane...so who knows what will happen?
    I'm far from a "happy clapper", but have got to that stage in life when if one can't do anything about something then its not worth worrying about - so Covid-19, Derby County and Brexit all fit that bill!

As for Cocu, well we shall see, not worth being to optimistic, this is derby County we are talking about and there have been too many false dawns to have much hope that it will be anything other than a "season of transition" AGAIN! Starting 12 pts down might just mean we can all relax and not have hopes on anything but championship survival!

I'll wait until mid November and see how we are

Not sure how true this is, but I've heard mutterings which indicate that Derby's punishment will be in the region of 5pts deducted for next season. Still can't work out how the EFL can actually make a charge stick for something they supposedly approved but we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I'm far from a "happy clapper", but have got to that stage in life when if one can't do anything about something then its not worth worrying about - so Covid-19, Derby County and Brexit all fit that bill!

As for Cocu, well we shall see, not worth being to optimistic, this is derby County we are talking about and there have been too many false dawns to have much hope that it will be anything other than a "season of transition" AGAIN! Starting 12 pts down might just mean we can all relax and not have hopes on anything but championship survival!

I'll wait until mid November and see how we are
    Lol...for someone who doesn’t ‘worry’ about Brexit you’ve had one hell of a lot to say about it...most of which I agree with.

Not sure how we’re all meant to ‘relax’ when, by your own admission, we’d just be swapping ambition for ‘hopes’ about ‘Championship survival’. Indeed...I think that’s what I said all along.

As mista suggested...perhaps you’re confusing ‘concern’ with ‘worry’. Aren’t we all concerned about things we care about?
    But the notion that ‘things you can’t do something about aren’t worth worrying about’ is just delusional bollux really.
    Football related matters are too trivial too really qualify, but if you or someone close to you was diagnosed with a serious illness there may be sod all you can do about it, but you’re sure as hell going to worry. You and I may be amongst the lucky ones but I bet there are many people worried about their jobs/income/lifestyle given the current Covid/economic crisis. They can’t change the situation but I very much doubt they won’t be worried.

Lol...for someone who doesn’t ‘worry’ about Brexit you’ve had one hell of a lot to say about it...most of which I agree with.

Not sure how we’re all meant to ‘relax’ when, by your own admission, we’d just be swapping ambition for ‘hopes’ about ‘Championship survival’. Indeed...I think that’s what I said all along.

As mista suggested...perhaps you’re confusing ‘concern’ with ‘worry’. Aren’t we all concerned about things we care about?
    But the notion that ‘things you can’t do something about aren’t worth worrying about’ is just delusional bollux really.
    Football related matters are too trivial too really qualify, but if you or someone close to you was diagnosed with a serious illness there may be sod all you can do about it, but you’re sure as hell going to worry. You and I may be amongst the lucky ones but I bet there are many people worried about their jobs/income/lifestyle given the current Covid/economic crisis. They can’t change the situation but I very much doubt they won’t be worried.
    Ah but then you see your confusing worrying with an analysis and opinion on a subject - I understand that an old worry guts like yourself spends his time getting depressed about things he can't change but whats the point? Does it change anything? No! So avoiding worrying about things one can't change isn't delusional *******s its being able to avoid stressing out on matters I can't influence.

Having had acquaintance with untimely death in the family and indeed with cancer in a parent (who had lived beyond their 3 score years and 10) I can confirm that I avoided worrying, I just got on with doing whatever helped, I personally don't find worrying much help, its a negative emotion mostly based on imponderable what ifs, I find a positive outlook is much better, both for those affected and oneself! After all what will be will be.

AS for those losing their jobs etc. Again a member of my family has been made redundant, they aren't worrying about it, they are taking the opportunity to do something different, of course they hadn't hocked themselves up to the eyeballs in debt, though they will have to adopt a more frugal lifestyle for a while, but is that a bad thing?

I can't change Brexit, nor am I worried about it, it is what it is, humans have been ****ing things up for thousands of years and worrying about it won't change a thing.

Covid-19 - apart from looking after myself family and helping neighbours I don't worry about it, theres **** all I can do.

Surely at some stage in your life you come to realise that the world keeps turning, people do things you don't like, **** happens and worrying about it all is actually of no real practical use?

Ah but then you see your confusing worrying with an analysis and opinion on a subject - I understand that an old worry guts like yourself spends his time getting depressed about things he can't change but whats the point? Does it change anything? No! So avoiding worrying about things one can't change isn't delusional *******s its being able to avoid stressing out on matters I can't influence.

Having had acquaintance with untimely death in the family and indeed with cancer in a parent (who had lived beyond their 3 score years and 10) I can confirm that I avoided worrying, I just got on with doing whatever helped, I personally don't find worrying much help, its a negative emotion mostly based on imponderable what ifs, I find a positive outlook is much better, both for those affected and oneself! After all what will be will be.

AS for those losing their jobs etc. Again a member of my family has been made redundant, they aren't worrying about it, they are taking the opportunity to do something different, of course they hadn't hocked themselves up to the eyeballs in debt, though they will have to adopt a more frugal lifestyle for a while, but is that a bad thing?

I can't change Brexit, nor am I worried about it, it is what it is, humans have been ****ing things up for thousands of years and worrying about it won't change a thing.

Covid-19 - apart from looking after myself family and helping neighbours I don't worry about it, theres **** all I can do.

Surely at some stage in your life you come to realise that the world keeps turning, people do things you don't like, **** happens and worrying about it all is actually of no real practical use?
    For someone who talks so much sense I doubt there’s anyone on here who jumps to so many ill-informed conclusions, Swale.
    Last month, entirely on the basis that I dared to suggest that fluking our way into the top flight via the play offs might not be a good thing, you labelled me ‘risk averse’.
    Now, because I express an opinion over the extent to which a points deduction held over to next season will interrupt the plans put in place via the appointment of Cocu and the search for fresh investment, I’m an ‘old worry guts’.

All you know about me is what you know from this forum, and yet on the basis of two comments about DCFC you have decided to jump to these two conclusions along with, bizarrely imo, describing me as ‘depressed’. Really? Any evidence at all for that one?

Ultimately, I agree, worry is a largely useless and potentially self destructive emotion and there is absolutely no point in worrying about things that have already happened eg the two examples you describe...the death of a parent or the loss of a job.

Those things are complete, nothing will change them...but the build up to those two situations, the emergence of symptoms, the process of diagnosis...or the situation leading up to the consequences of redundancy are inevitably sources of worry.
    It won’t achieve anything but it is, as I say, inevitable. Indeed perhaps the only thing more useless than worry itself is the notion that it somehow helps for people to condescendingly say, ‘try not to worry’, when there is clearly something significantly wrong.

For someone who talks so much sense I doubt there’s anyone on here who jumps to so many ill-informed conclusions, Swale.
    Last month, entirely on the basis that I dared to suggest that fluking our way into the top flight via the play offs might not be a good thing, you labelled me ‘risk averse’.
    Now, because I express an opinion over the extent to which a points deduction held over to next season will interrupt the plans put in place via the appointment of Cocu and the search for fresh investment, I’m an ‘old worry guts’.

All you know about me is what you know from this forum, and yet on the basis of two comments about DCFC you have decided to jump to these two conclusions along with, bizarrely imo, describing me as ‘depressed’. Really? Any evidence at all for that one?

Ultimately, I agree, worry is a largely useless and potentially self destructive emotion and there is absolutely no point in worrying about things that have already happened eg the two examples you describe...the death of a parent or the loss of a job.

Those things are complete, nothing will change them...but the build up to those two situations, the emergence of symptoms, the process of diagnosis...or the situation leading up to the consequences of redundancy are inevitably sources of worry.
    It won’t achieve anything but it is, as I say, inevitable. Indeed perhaps the only thing more useless than worry itself is the notion that it somehow helps for people to condescendingly say, ‘try not to worry’, when there is clearly something significantly wrong.
    Absolutely true RA, you may after all be a bi ***ual, optimist who likes nothing more than taking risks, wheres the personality you portray on here is just a front, that of a risk averse ex teacher, who worries constantly tends towards the gloomy view of life and has depressive tendencies!!

Who knows which is the real Ra?

Not sure how true this is, but I've heard mutterings which indicate that Derby's punishment will be in the region of 5pts deducted for next season. Still can't work out how the EFL can actually make a charge stick for something they supposedly approved but we shall see.
    Swales I asked my solicitor to have look at it when he has the time . He E/mailed back this.
    ELF rules state
    The Executive have the power to restate the value for a Related Party Transaction to fair Market Value,but only after allowing the club to make a case for that value .
    The club must prove it was not sold to protect FFP . They must also prove it was a Arms Length Transaction (probably impossible if you sell something to yourself )
    His verdict guilty as sin but a top QC will paint a different picture

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Swales I asked my solicitor to have look at it when he has the time . He E/mailed back this.
    ELF rules state
    The Executive have the power to restate the value for a Related Party Transaction to fair Market Value,but only after allowing the club to make a case for that value .
    The club must prove it was not sold to protect FFP . They must also prove it was a Arms Length Transaction (probably impossible if you sell something to yourself )
    His verdict guilty as sin but a top QC will paint a different picture
    Well arms length isn't impossible if you don't control the company, I'm sure Mel and his advisers would be smart enough there. Fair points, BUT if the EFL had run the rule over it before it happened and Derby have proof of that then the EFL would have a problem enforcing the charge.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)