+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: How many points will we get

I read on book face that we're getting a $30m loan from an American investment group, not sure I like the sound of "loan"

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    I read on book face that we're getting a $30m loan from an American investment group, not sure I like the sound of "loan"
    Yes Adi it's true signed and sealed Its from the group that Dell chap owns .Apparently they have lent money to Southampton and Sunderland . I can't say I like the sound of it ,but businesses borrow all the time .

Seems an odd time for a man like Michael Dell to be connected with a $30m loan to DCFC with all the current doubts surrounding us.
    I was quite reassured until mista mentioned Sunderland...hardly the shrewdest of ‘investments’ in recent times.

P.S. According to the DT it’s £30m NOT $30m which is....quite a lot.....more. Mind you, I’ve lost track of the number of totally unfounded rumours the DT has started about who we’re going to sign so who knows?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 12-08-2020 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I'm not 100% sure what the tribunal is actually doing. Is it the initial judge and jury, or is it the appeal tribunal against a decision made and not yet made public, or do we then have the appeal etc to come before any decision is made? Surely we are reaching a point where, as MeringueNag says our planning for 20-21 is being prejudiced by the indecision and we have a case under natural justice against the EFL for delaying? If they keep holding out for much longer our 20-21 season will be screwed from a recruitment perspective even if we get a "no case to answer" decision in our favour? EFL have no need to find us guilty as they can just bugger around until our season implodes on the back of an inability to recruit. They can then withdraw gracefully knowing they have achieved their objective
    Geoff the EFL are capable of anything ,they must be the most undemocratic incompetent management that sport has ever had .. This week they appealed to have there own sanctions they imposed on Macclesfield overturned
    They handed Macclesfield a two point deduction on June 19th plus a suspended 4point deduction suspended ,which would only be activated if they broke Regulation 63.7.
    But several clubs complained that it was to lenient So they bowed to pressure ,appealed to the Indipendent Panel and won ,they reversed the suspended points decision . That leaves Macclesfield in 24th position and drop to National League
    The ELF will be making no further comment

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Seems an odd time for a man like Michael Dell to be connected with a $30m loan to DCFC with all the current doubts surrounding us.
    I was quite reassured until mista mentioned Sunderland...hardly the shrewdest of ‘investments’ in recent times.

P.S. According to the DT it’s £30m NOT $30m which is....quite a lot.....more. Mind you, I’ve lost track of the number of totally unfounded rumours the DT has started about who we’re going to sign so who knows?
    So the ground the club no longer owns is now burdened with charges in favour of 2 lenders for close on 40 million, as is, on the face of it, every remaining asset in the group right down to the lockup in Dunton Close rented off the Gill boys.

I sense that when crowds are next allowed to attend matches, it could well be at the Dell Stadium. It's almost like Southampton have morphed into Derby....

.... and still no accounts filed.

We live in interesting times

I'm not 100% sure what the tribunal is actually doing. Is it the initial judge and jury, or is it the appeal tribunal against a decision made and not yet made public, or do we then have the appeal etc to come before any decision is made? Surely we are reaching a point where, as MeringueNag says our planning for 20-21 is being prejudiced by the indecision and we have a case under natural justice against the EFL for delaying? If they keep holding out for much longer our 20-21 season will be screwed from a recruitment perspective even if we get a "no case to answer" decision in our favour? EFL have no need to find us guilty as they can just bugger around until our season implodes on the back of an inability to recruit. They can then withdraw gracefully knowing they have achieved their objective
    As I understand it the independent tribunal makes the actual decision based on a case put together by the EFL, this avoids the EFL being Judge Jury and executioner.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    As I understand it the independent tribunal makes the actual decision based on a case put together by the EFL, this avoids the EFL being Judge Jury and executioner.
    I understand there’s a proposal for EFL and HMG to do a swap, see if either can do better with the others’ SNAFU

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Swales you are right the EFL makes the case to the Independent Tribunal that consists of a delegate from the EFL one from the club involved and a barrister with at least ten years experience . The panel tells the EFL of their decision and the punishment . The EFL can then appeal it if they don't agree ,as they did with Brum twice till the panel agreed they had made the wrong call .Every is actually stacked to make sure the ELF get the result they want.
    A club has the right of appeal within 14days of any charge but in reality they have little to no chance of getting the punishment altered .

Section9 103.1 of the Arbitration agreement seems to say there is no appeal
    103 Challenging the award ..
    103.1 Subject to the provision of section 67and68 of the Arbitration Act the award shall be final and binding and there shall be no right of appeal ,review or recourse in or by a court, judicial authority or other arbitural body ,in so far as such waiver may validly be made

Leave that for the legal eagles on here to decide if it's worth any appeal if we're guilty

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Swales you are right the EFL makes the case to the Independent Tribunal that consists of a delegate from the EFL one from the club involved and a barrister with at least ten years experience . The panel tells the EFL of their decision and the punishment . The EFL can then appeal it if they don't agree ,as they did with Brum twice till the panel agreed they had made the wrong call .Every is actually stacked to make sure the ELF get the result they want.
    A club has the right of appeal within 14days of any charge but in reality they have little to no chance of getting the punishment altered .

Section9 103.1 of the Arbitration agreement seems to say there is no appeal
    103 Challenging the award ..
    103.1 Subject to the provision of section 67and68 of the Arbitration Act the award shall be final and binding and there shall be no right of appeal ,review or recourse in or by a court, judicial authority or other arbitural body ,in so far as such waiver may validly be made

Leave that for the legal eagles on here to decide if it's worth any appeal if we're guilty

I would say that legal action would be the result if theres no appeal route.

So the ground the club no longer owns is now burdened with charges in favour of 2 lenders for close on 40 million, as is, on the face of it, every remaining asset in the group right down to the lockup in Dunton Close rented off the Gill boys.

I sense that when crowds are next allowed to attend matches, it could well be at the Dell Stadium. It's almost like Southampton have morphed into Derby....

.... and still no accounts filed.

We live in interesting times
    The ground isn't mentioned but "club assets" are. Pride Park is no longer an asset of the club so logic would point towards Moor Farm unless Mel is gambling with £30M of the ground's value as he is the owner......

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)