+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day!

Match Day!

Is everyone excited?

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Is everyone excited?
    driving to Nuneaton in a jalopi of a van but despite that and the opposition, YES!

Anybody still awake watching this rubbish lucky to still be level at half-time . Three at the back ,tippy happy football ,so boring

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Anybody still awake watching this rubbish lucky to still be level at half-time . Three at the back ,tippy happy football ,so boring
    At last something to THANK Covid for, I might have actually paid to go and watch that...

Positives...thought Buchanan looked decent...Marriott looked fitter (not necessarily sharper) than he has for a while...Bird has made massive progress in the last twelve months...Roos was excellent in the penalty shoot out.
    Negatives...I like Holmes but he does seem to pick up injury after injury.
    Overall...we won! Okay it was unconvincing but today’s team was, thankfully, far removed from what we’ll see in the Championship...and we’ve still never lost to Barrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Positives...thought Buchanan looked decent...Marriott looked fitter (not necessarily sharper) than he has for a while...Bird has made massive progress in the last twelve months...Roos was excellent in the penalty shoot out.
    Negatives...I like Holmes but he does seem to pick up injury after injury.
    Overall...we won! Okay it was unconvincing but today’s team was, thankfully, far removed from what we’ll see in the Championship...and we’ve still never lost to Barrow.

I never seen a team play with so negativity , not one player tries to run passed anyone
    Forsyth does my head in
    Clarke was terrible , slowed the play, Yes far removed from what we will see in the championship, because most teams will tear us apart
    Basically we haven't got a midfield or a forward line or a wing back who can play forward

Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post
    I never seen a team play with so negativity , not one player tries to run passed anyone
    Forsyth does my head in
    Clarke was terrible , slowed the play, Yes far removed from what we will see in the championship, because most teams will tear us apart
    Basically we haven't got a midfield or a forward line or a wing back who can play forward
    I’ve never been so disheartened going into a new season, not because the players are bad (although most are) but because they are being coached into a style of play that is fifty shades of grey AND won’t worth at Derby’s skill level. I really hope I’m wrong but things look grim. I’d rather repeat the heartache of the QPR Wembley game if it meant A season Of that **** or bust style we played under Schteve McLaren to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I’ve never been so disheartened going into a new season, not because the players are bad (although most are) but because they are being coached into a style of play that is fifty shades of grey AND won’t worth at Derby’s skill level. I really hope I’m wrong but things look grim. I’d rather repeat the heartache of the QPR Wembley game if it meant A season Of that **** or bust style we played under Schteve McLaren to be honest
    Totally agree
    You could put 5 new players in the team and if you play the same way nothing will change
    The safe ball every time drives us all insane

Don’t understand all the negativity. Today wasn’t very good but when did we ever judge on the first round of the EFL Carabao Cup?
    Today we were without Marshall, Waghorn, Bielik, Rooney and Lawrence. That’s almost half a side of first choices and there will be additions as well, possibly using some of the £10m we hope to raise on the sales of Bogle and Lowe.
    Nil desperandum!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Don’t understand all the negativity. Today wasn’t very good but when did we ever judge on the first round of the EFL Carabao Cup?
    Today we were without Marshall, Waghorn, Bielik, Rooney and Lawrence. That’s almost half a side of first choices and there will be additions as well, possibly using some of the £10m we hope to raise on the sales of Bogle and Lowe.
    Nil desperandum!
    Its not just one game negitivity
    Its the way we play , any team can have 75% possession and never test the opposition keeper
    I could put up with missing chances and losing the odd game
    Its the mindset of how we are being told to play
    I quite like the idea of 3 at the back but you have to have wing backs who attack and midfield runners when was the last time we had a midfielder who can run beyond the forwards

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)