+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How many points will we get

How many points will we get

Sheff get 12point deduction for next season How many do you think we will get I dare not have a guess but not looking good

18, 12 for the crime and a 50% markup for being Derby. Plus an extra 750 quid fine for still not filing accounts, shortly to be over a month late on top of the 3 month covid extension

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    18, 12 for the crime and a 50% markup for being Derby. Plus an extra 750 quid fine for still not filing accounts, shortly to be over a month late on top of the 3 month covid extension

I remain of the view that we wont get a deduction, because it seems The owls deduction was due to a breach of rules by them in that they included the sale of the stadium in their 2017-18 accounts, when the actual sale took place a year later! So a reasonably clear case of them being economical with the truth!

As far as I can decuce there is no penalty for the actual sale, its more the timing. Therefore it would seem that Derby should be in the clear, because there isn't an issue of when the ground was sold and its inclusion in the accounts, more a challenge to the valuation, which frankly is going to be difficult for the league to prove, given that a valuation is what a buyer is prepared to pay!!

No doubt we shall learn over the next few days, but if we do get a pts deduction, then Mel's lawyers aren't up to scratch!

Wendy -12 for putting the sale in the wrong year's accounts, not for the over-pricing of the ground.

Ours was in the same accounting year as the sale. No problem there. I foresee no problems on that front.

Amortisation? The EFL cannot, IMO, sign off on our the DCFC method in 16 and 17 and then, without a rule change and without telling DCFC there was a problem, charge them in 2018.

Natural justice should see us get off.......... bet we are Derby so that probably goes out the window.

Why are the points for next season when the ELF rules state the season does not finish till the AGM in the middle of August anybody know . As for Mel's lawyer Nick De Marco he's done Wednesday's as well so I won't hold my breath

I think its because its not an offence that relates to the current season and they don't want to mess with league standings as there is precious little time to sort fixtures out for next season!

I agree re lawyer, but then if as it seems they included income in the accounts a year before they actually had it, case proven M'Lord!

Sheffield Wednesday likely to appeal. Charlton likely to appeal...along with Stevenage and Macclesfield, and we don’t even know about Villa and Derby yet.
    What a mess and what a great job the EFL appear to be doing. One court case is unfortunate. Four or five? Something is wrong and begs the question...are the EFL actually fit for purpose?
    Most worrying to me is Wednesday’s 12 point penalty being held over to next season. In their case I suppose it’s some sort of good news because it avoids relegation this season...hence Charlton’s potential appeal.
    In our case it will just screw up next season before it has even started.
    IF we get the same penalty - or worse - then realistically the best we can hope for next season is to avoid relegation. That’s hardly going to inspire any potential incomers, ‘Come to Derby and spend a season fighting relegation’...hardly the most attractive proposition.
    As I say...what a mess...but at least Wednesday know what they’re up against.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I think its because its not an offence that relates to the current season and they don't want to mess with league standings as there is precious little time to sort fixtures out for next season!

I agree re lawyer, but then if as it seems they included income in the accounts a year before they actually had it, case proven M'Lord!
    Time for fixtures to be sorted? Due for publication in 9 days time. The fixture lists will be complete or as good as. Have a change which sees team A relegated instead of team B? Do a "change all" in the 2 Leagues' fixtures and "voila". Then give the police a couple of days to decide of there are any risky games they want to move and you have the new list.

Would it be that simple though?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

Hope you are right Swales .But we were at that tribunal for a reason Bot h Wednesday and ourselves issues the same statement when charge " Its unlawful we vigorously defend it blah blah I understand about SW using the wrong year that was obviously deceit So if we have not done that what are we defending Amortation is apparently ok because theve signed our accounts off , price for ground in because they asked for a small reduction

I’m not a lawyer but as I understand it the mere fact that the transfer was not registered with the Land Registry until after the accounting date is not conclusive. There will obviously be a contract and I’d guess that it was signed and dated pre the period end. Will be interesting to see more details (if they are made public)

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)