+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: How many points will we get

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Oh ****, here goes another football thread to the zombies of government abuse....
    Silly comment. The only ‘zombies’ are those in constant denial, GP.

There’s been virtually nothing in the way of forum contribution on anything at all for approaching 48 hours so why knock it when someone says something?
    My point was...whether it be about football (including DCFC v EFL), Covid or politics in general...the truth is increasingly being sacrificed.
    Personally I’m for the ‘truth’ whoever tells it...but it is increasingly difficult to find these days...and the example set by politicians just encourages the likes of Rod Liddle to peddle their own versions.

Yadda Yadda 😉

[QUOTE=swaledale;39551860]
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Yes RA there seems no end to it I've been told the meeting was concluded in August 4th
    I saw a tweet of De Marco on Wednesday August 5th with a picture of him bulk buying wine in France so would assume it is true . It doesn't help newspapers finding us guilty before the club even know . Rod Liddle was at again in the Sunday Times yesterday ,must be the sixth time He's found us guilty His main line is usually selling P/park for the ludicrous sun of £80million also we cheated ourselves to Wembley with players we couldn't afford . If Derby and Wednesday hadn't cheated his beloved Charlton would not be relegated Not that theve got s**t owners and team[/QUOT

Liddle writes absolute twaddle and gets paid handsomely for it, not a scrap of news or facts just his lame brain opinions which he doesn't actually believe in, now who else do we know did that? Oh yes our current PM seems lies, made up opinions pays well these days!
    Yes I know he writes crap just hates us because he originates for Middlesborough He's a nasty t**t once got done for beating his pregnant girlfriend up He's a closet Millwall fan as well ,tells you all you need to know . Your not trying to say our PM is not telling us the truth are you . No I'm not having that you will be telling me he's taken cronyism to another level next

So we’re being criticised in the press by Ziegler - who’s a Charlton fan - and Liddle...who supports Millwall. Seems fair!

Oops...sorry for expressing an opinion on a forum, Parky. Whatever next?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 11-08-2020 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    So we’re being criticised in the press by Ziegler - who’s a Charlton fan - and Liddle...who supports Millwall. Seems fair!

Oops...sorry for expressing an opinion on a forum, Parky. Whatever next?
    RA you really must learn never mix football with politics , could result in detention 😇

Apology accepted RA, but it wasnt long ago that you were whinging about threads being taken off topic by Ram I think? At the time I seem to recall you suggested starting a new thread?

Apology accepted RA, but it wasnt long ago that you were whinging about threads being taken off topic by Ram I think? At the time I seem to recall you suggested starting a new thread?
    Hardly ‘whinging’, Parky...I leave that to you these days for anyone who makes even a semi political suggestion you disagree with.
    In any case, as I recall and without looking back at it, that was a case of ‘cross threading’.
    Either way...if you look really carefully you’ll find that both my comments were suggesting that the media, including sports journalists, appear to be taking their lead from governments who are entirely unfamiliar with the concept of truth these days.
    We have got to a stage where I genuinely don’t know whether we’ve actually done something seriously wrong and Morris is lying through his teeth or if the EFL has screwed up, got things horribly wrong and are busy trying to make MM/DCFC the fall guys. I seriously hope - and want to believe - it’s the latter...maybe you could explain.

Geoff it's easy to get politician's and footballers mixed up any way Both cheat, lie and are money mad .

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Hardly ‘whinging’, Parky...I leave that to you these days for anyone who makes even a semi political suggestion you disagree with.
    In any case, as I recall and without looking back at it, that was a case of ‘cross threading’.
    Either way...if you look really carefully you’ll find that both my comments were suggesting that the media, including sports journalists, appear to be taking their lead from governments who are entirely unfamiliar with the concept of truth these days.
    We have got to a stage where I genuinely don’t know whether we’ve actually done something seriously wrong and Morris is lying through his teeth or if the EFL has screwed up, got things horribly wrong and are busy trying to make MM/DCFC the fall guys. I seriously hope - and want to believe - it’s the latter...maybe you could explain.
    You may recall 12 months ago that I thought the valuation / the profit it generated / nepotic nature of the transaction was very suspect. Since when various people have pointed to the EFL sanctioning the transaction and thus it would be hypocritical of them to then act against the club for carrying out something that it has signed off on.

Somewhere in the middle of this ball of conteadiction must lie an element of truth. The amortisation issue should be no more than a smokescreen if it's been going like that for several years without contradiction.

So I revert to my original stance. The principal involved, and what we have done, seems wrong. But if someone in authority has okayed it, then so be it. But it plainly is not that clear cut as it would have been sorted months ago

You may recall 12 months ago that I thought the valuation / the profit it generated / nepotic nature of the transaction was very suspect. Since when various people have pointed to the EFL sanctioning the transaction and thus it would be hypocritical of them to then act against the club for carrying out something that it has signed off on.

Somewhere in the middle of this ball of conteadiction must lie an element of truth. The amortisation issue should be no more than a smokescreen if it's been going like that for several years without contradiction.

So I revert to my original stance. The principal involved, and what we have done, seems wrong. But if someone in authority has okayed it, then so be it. But it plainly is not that clear cut as it would have been sorted months ago
    Thanks. Positively ‘Ramjetian’.
    As you say...your view from 12 months ago. Suppose we’ll have to wait and see...and, in the meantime, talk about nothing else at all. Shhhh!

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)