+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Second signing

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    I think the Armchair General has got his priorities slightly wrong. Top of the list must surely be a big CB in the mould of Nottingham.
    I totally agree that we need a commanding CH. I think I'm either just being greedy, or getting lost in a fantasy of a starting line-up (or both). If we could bring in a RB and a CH, like Rhys Bennet from the link provided by Gazan, we could pair Perry and the new CH (whoever that turns out to be). I really like that idea, especially if it does turn out to be Rhys Bennet, as that would give a very athletic CB partnership as well as capable on the ball and sound defensively. In his recent (ish) podcast interview, Perry himself stated that his preferred position, and the position he saw himself playing long-term, was centre half. Midfielder? Luke Murphy keeps getting mentioned. Not sure about that, but maybe someone who can be that dressing room presence to help guide our young squad and with a bit of experience of L1 would be nice. All this is, of course, predicated on the fact that we keep all our stars, and DA having the budget to fulfil my fantasies (of a strictly football nature of course).

Hughes or Bennett would be great. Definitely "NO" to Ray returning. BTW would not say no to Murphy returning.

Another link with suggestions for signings
    https://alloutfootball.co.uk/crewe-a...ells-assembly/

Harry Soutar from Stoke on a season long loan?

I notice the Sentinel is suggesting Stoke could go for Wintle as a cheap buy because of the salary cap.
    Got news for them: salary cap shouldn't have impact on our need to sell players AND, more importantly, Ryan's sights must surely be set higher than that!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12