+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Notts CCC and The Bob Willis Trophy

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Reasonable score after the collapse I hope we have got our pre 2019 Samit back ����
    I'd say a good score after the collapse, I couldn't see us getting a third batting point at one stage. The main concern is how the middle order failed to contribute - our numbers 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 managed a pathetic 39 runs between them against probably the weakest attack they will face. A really entertaining knock from Samit, which hopefully has turned the game in our favour. The tail showed the middle order how it should be done, and watching the morning session tomorrow will pass a couple of hours before cricket takes a back seat in the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'd say a good score after the collapse, I couldn't see us getting a third batting point at one stage. The main concern is how the middle order failed to contribute - our numbers 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 managed a pathetic 39 runs between them against probably the weakest attack they will face. A really entertaining knock from Samit, which hopefully has turned the game in our favour. The tail showed the middle order how it should be done, and watching the morning session tomorrow will pass a couple of hours before cricket takes a back seat in the afternoon.
    To be fair Elite, this has been a problem for a few years know. You look at the side and we have question marks over the whole batting line up. Some of those players have earned good money for failing over a number of years. The squad needs an overhaul. I know we have picked up some players since last season, but they were all risky signings. Hamed looked a prospect half a dozen years ago until he broke his hand, and has struggled since. Trego must be about 50 now.
    I just wish we tried a few of the younger Notts Academy lads especially in this shortened season. Instead we sign players who simply are not good enough.

In fact all the above is a bit like supporting Notts (as in the pies) with the exception of this season

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    To be fair Elite, this has been a problem for a few years know. You look at the side and we have question marks over the whole batting line up. Some of those players have earned good money for failing over a number of years. The squad needs an overhaul. I know we have picked up some players since last season, but they were all risky signings. Hamed looked a prospect half a dozen years ago until he broke his hand, and has struggled since. Trego must be about 50 now.
    I just wish we tried a few of the younger Notts Academy lads especially in this shortened season. Instead we sign players who simply are not good enough.
    It looks that way. Duckett and Clarke should be taking the attack they faced today apart, but both have been a letdown and Clarke in particular has been stealing a wage from the club. Trego seems a bit of a weird signing, and though he has been a fantastic servant to Somerset his best days are surely behind him, but I wouldn't write him off just yet. One bright spot was the batting of Joey Evison, a home grown 18 year old playing only his second game. He played a mature innings, keeping his wicket intact while Samit was blazing away at the other end, and playing a few nice shots after he was out. One to keep an eye on.

Tight finish - come on Notts

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Tight finish - come on Notts
    All results still possible. I think letting their last pair put on 80 in the first innings will cost us.

Just looked at Notts bowling attack, can't imagine that striking fear into even Division 2 batsmen.
    Not convinced by this team at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    All results still possible. I think letting their last pair put on 80 in the first innings will cost us.
    Loss looks favourite to me 🤦*♂️

Shocking almost as bad as the retained list.

Awful stuff but what do you expect when the Ardley of cricket is signing the players Newell.

Trego 38 year old new ball bowler conplete joke.

Words like shocking and awful are being too kind. Even though both football clubs have bottled it when it mattered, the cricket team still do it better. Not being able to defend a target of 365 in the fourth innings against Derbyshire is as bad as it gets. This team has an incredible ability to pluck defeat from the jaws of victory, and whatever the root cause really is, it doesn't seem to have been solved.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast