+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Notts CCC and The Bob Willis Trophy

I didnt want to swear too much Elite.

The whole set up at Notts is stalecand has been for 5 years.

Absolutely pathetic. Why do I support such crap teams?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post
    That’s easy - you’re not a glory hunter. Though Notts and Notts have both been good in my lifetime, particularly Notts.

I agree there have been times when Notts and Notts were good now they are not so good..

In our house defeat to Derbyshire by Notts CCC was on a par with defeat to Mansfield by the Magpies.

The dog knew it was best to hide in the shed for a few days.

Nowadays these results are so commonplace that we tend to join him.

It's who we are Stan.

I love Notts and Nottinghamshire CCC.

I still go to watch Notts home and (sometimes) away even when I can't really afford to.

My attendance at Trent Bridge has declined over the last few years however. Mediocre County Championship teams and I don't like the showbiz T20 rubbish but accept it's what brings in the crowds and revenue. Pi$$ed up idiots looking for their seats, wearing flip flops and turned up jeans. Humbug.

Sunday was painful enough but to lose to the mighty Derbyshire two days later! We must be due a Championship win soon 😢

Sunday was painful enough but to lose to the mighty Derbyshire two days later! We must be due a Championship win soon 😢
    I get the distinct impression the higher ups only care about money and they get that from Trent Bridge. Maybe it's time the ECB said only CC1 teams can host tests, would soon see a change in heart

Not for the first time in recent seasons, Notts find themselves in a winning position needing only 188 in their second innings to beat Yorkshire.
    Last week Derbyshire chased down 365 in the fourth innings at the same ground, but will Notts find a way to throw it away yet again?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Not for the first time in recent seasons, Notts find themselves in a winning position needing only 188 in their second innings to beat Yorkshire.
    Last week Derbyshire chased down 365 in the fourth innings at the same ground, but will Notts find a way to throw it away yet again?
    Probably

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast