+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Notts CCC and The Bob Willis Trophy

Another gutless and tame surrender. At the slightest hint of pressure this bunch wet themselves. I've seen replays of all the wickets we lost, and it had nothing at all to do with the pitch which was still playing well. The sole cause was cowardly batting.

Totally agree with EP. We are spineless. We’d had 3 pretty good days and created the opportunity to win a game for the first time in 2 years. This wasn’t down to the coaches today. There were enough batsmen in that line up to win that game. All it needed was a couple of players to put their hand up and show some pride and some fight. There didn’t appear to be any demons in the pitch and we weren’t facing Holding and Marshall. There is no excuse for today. That was pathetic - again!!

We are an unbelievably poor side. The batting has been an issue for years.
    The players simply are not good enough. I am not sure it’s a lack of fight, guts etc... it’s more a lack of ability or technique.
    The same players have failed in previous seasons so why would this season be any better?
    As a club Notts CCC is poor from top to bottom. We would be better off letting the academy players play... they can’t do any worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Another gutless and tame surrender. At the slightest hint of pressure this bunch wet themselves. I've seen replays of all the wickets we lost, and it had nothing at all to do with the pitch which was still playing well. The sole cause was cowardly batting.
    I totally agree with you Elite. Given we have one of the finest cricket grounds in the world, we match it with probably one of the poorest club teams in the world. Just like Notts County in 2018 we have appalling management which will produce ongoing failure until it is replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    We are an unbelievably poor side. The batting has been an issue for years.
    The players simply are not good enough. I am not sure it’s a lack of fight, guts etc... it’s more a lack of ability or technique.
    I would strongly disagree with that, because I think the players are definitely good enough if they play anywhere close to their potential. Most have proved it in previous seasons or at other clubs, but the mindset at Trent bridge ever since the day Chris Read hung up his gloves has been one of complete and utter failure, surrender and capitulation. If there is a way to lose a game, these players will home in on it with unerring accuracy.

I don't pretend to know exactly what the problem at Notts CCC is, but I am convinced it is down to attitude far more than ability.

I would strongly disagree with that, because I think the players are definitely good enough if they play anywhere close to their potential. Most have proved it in previous seasons or at other clubs, but the mindset at Trent bridge ever since the day Chris Read hung up his gloves has been one of complete and utter failure, surrender and capitulation. If there is a way to lose a game, these players will home in on it with unerring accuracy.

I don't pretend to know exactly what the problem at Notts CCC is, but I am convinced it is down to attitude far more than ability.
    (

I am surprised you haven’t commented on the management.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    (

I am surprised you haven’t commented on the management.
    Oops. Ardley out!

Oops. Ardley out!
    Surprise, surprise!

Guidgad Notts CCC are sh1t. Almost makes me look forward to the fitba!

Nash averages 38
    Hameed 30
    Duckett 38
    Clark 38
    Mullaney 33
    Trego 33
    Moores 20
    Patel 36

If those averages constitute a good batting line God help us. Most of those are heading the wrong way too. As a team wanting to be competitive you would want 2 or 3 players minimum to be averaging well over 40.
    Maybe going back through the years our batting has been helped out with the overseas players.
    Poor group poorly coached. Another season of nothing more than complete disappointment.

It seems strange that you can throw the book at players of NCFC for not being good enough or after those a final pay cheque, yet the above are getting away with impersonating village cricketers.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast