+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: O/T:- Notts CCC and The Bob Willis Trophy

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Great T20 win by Notts today against a strong Yorkshire side, if only we could play with the same backbone in the Bob Willis Championship
    To be fair the in last 2 rain affected games Notts batted well. Notts have generally been more suited to white ball cricket over the last few years, which is a source of frustration for me. Suppose it’s where the money is... Notts get more fans at one T20 game than they do in all 4 days of a County game. Sad but reality.

A different format for the County Championship next year:

County Championship set to return next summer in a group-stage format

First-Class counties agree structure for 2021 season

Total red-ball matches to remain at 14 per county

Counties have been placed into three seeded groups of six teams

Nottinghamshire to contest group one alongside Ess ex, Warwickshire, Derbyshire, Worcestershire and Durham

The top two teams in each group to progress to Division One. The Division One winner to be crowned county champions

The top two teams in Division One to compete for the Bob Willis Trophy in a five-day Lord’s final

In the first stage we play the other five teams home and away, meaning ten games. That only leaves four games in the six-team second stage, so I don't know how that's going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

The top two teams in each group to progress to Division One. The Division One winner to be crowned county champions

The top two teams in Division One to compete for the Bob Willis Trophy in a five-day Lord’s final

In the first stage we play the other five teams home and away, meaning ten games. That only leaves four games in the six-team second stage, so I don't know how that's going to work.
    I don't think Notts need concern themselves too much with such detail.

County Championship set to return next summer in a group-stage format

First-Class counties agree structure for 2021 season

Total red-ball matches to remain at 14 per county

Counties have been placed into three seeded groups of six teams

Nottinghamshire to contest group one alongside Ess ex, Warwickshire, Derbyshire, Worcestershire and Durham

I assume you play the sides you have not played once either home or away with your result against the other team from your initial group being carried forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    I assume you play the sides you have not played once either home or away with your result against the other team from your initial group being carried forward.
    Good thinking, that seems as likely as anything.

Although considering our recent form in the red ball game we would end up in Division 3.

Good thinking, that seems as likely as anything.

Although considering our recent form in the red ball game we would end up in Division 3.
    I can't imagine we are going to trouble the scorers in division one.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678