+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: This insanity is endless...

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Went out for lunch yesterday, all the precations in place, track and trace app, hand sanitiser, tables spaced apart, waitresses wearing masks and ordered not to take our masks off until we were seated. Four people arrived on the next table, took their masks off and put them on the table, the waitress brought them their menus and put their cutlery down on top of one of the masks. I've been eating out weekly since restaurants re-opened and felt perfectly safe and secure, yesterday for the first time I could see how the virus could be passed on in a restaurant, all thanks to more government stupidity and an obsession with face masks, forcing us to wear portable virus carriers to a restaurant table. You really couldn't make it up.
    Me and the father-in-law had business in Burnley, so we went for lunch at the "Stork" in Simonstone.

Exactly the same scenario you describe sinkov, except one of the "locals" was sat near the toilets on a stool, sans mask. Every time anyone wanted to use the toilet they had to be muzzled and walk past the guy on the stool. It was just so phucking farcical.

The lunatics really have taken over the asylum.

So it continues! I spoke to a friend this morning whose husband owns a jewellery shop in the town. With the latest lockdown rules imposed on us up here, her grandson is not allowed to visit her in her home, however, if she goes to the shop there is absolutely nothing to stop him seeing her.
    Also, if Ashington play at home the spectator numbers have been cut to 150, the clubhouse isn't allowed to be open at all and even if you are outside at the ground you have to wear a mask. This morning the club published this:-
    ��⚽️ SATURDAY OPENING ⚽️�� | We will be open from 2pm-10pm with three live games being shown, please observe the following:
    ✅ Table service only
    ✅ People must remain in household groups
    ✅ Masks must be worn when moving around building
    ✅ Track and Trace mandatory

In addition they are open on Friday night and also Sunday for the TV games until closing time.
    They can do this because there are no games taking place on the pitch because the team are away on Saturday.

My brain hurts!

I like the Track and Trace Mandatory bit Sub, where did that come from, it's certainly not the government, not yet anyway. If they pull that stunt at Clitheroe they can have my ST back, and I'll be watching Hurst Green.

I like the Track and Trace Mandatory bit Sub, where did that come from, it's certainly not the government, not yet anyway. If they pull that stunt at Clitheroe they can have my ST back, and I'll be watching Hurst Green.
    All it means is that, if you do not have the app on your phone, you must book in with pen and paper and leave your details as you have to do in restaurants and pubs up here at the moment anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    All it means is that, if you do not have the app on your phone, you must book in with pen and paper and leave your details as you have to do in restaurants and pubs up here at the moment anyway.
    That's fair enough then Sub, same at Clitheroe, they have my details from my ST Number so that's all I need to give them.

That's fair enough then Sub, same at Clitheroe, they have my details from my ST Number so that's all I need to give them.
    I am the same but won't go while I have to wear a mask outside! I think that they will be happy for me to stay away because they have won the last four games! Bloody typical!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I am the same but won't go while I have to wear a mask outside! I think that they will be happy for me to stay away because they have won the last four games! Bloody typical!
    Hey up Sub, are our B teams on a roll, Clitheroe won two out of two in the league and Ashington won four !! Happy days.

Back to the insanity guys. A Scottish MP knowing she has COVID-19 symptoms jumps on the train to London, lectures us about our behaviour in Parliament, subsequently tests positive and then jumps back on the train to Scotland.

My brain is scrambled.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Back to the insanity guys. A Scottish MP knowing she has COVID-19 symptoms jumps on the train to London, lectures us about our behaviour in Parliament, subsequently tests positive and then jumps back on the train to Scotland.

My brain is scrambled.
    Yes,she also asked for the guy who phooked off to Durham to be sacked. Talk about hypocracy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

My brain is scrambled.
    another mind phook Psyop - BT....to breed contempt...and help bolster the trickery of the test and promote the sham of a bug.

just see what the guy that invented it (PCR Test) had to say.

Page 23 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)