+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: This insanity is endless...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm pissing blood Alf.
    I wouldn't bugger about BT.

Dial 111.

Ok, if that's what your opinion is, so why, if I may ask, is the infection rate growing around the world because some people refuse to wear face masks ?

Simply because idiots will not adhere to social distancing. Two metres is not too much to ask, is it map?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I wouldn't bugger about BT.

Dial 111.
    Better still get straight to the hospital. Good luck .

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    Ok, if that's what your opinion is, so why, if I may ask, is the infection rate growing around the world because some people refuse to wear face masks ?
    Ive seen more face masks thrown away on the floor than on people's faces,they are throwing them away like tab ends..the dirty beasties need fining for it if caught.

....some people refused to follow the simple advice, wear a face mask to avoid spreading the virus. It may be their choice, but if they are inflected then it's a stupid and selfish choice....in my opinion.
    I've no idea what you're told in China map, but over here we had over 100 televised daily press briefings about the covid situation, and what we should do to stay safe. Not once in those 100 briefings over three months were we told that wearing a face mask would help. In fact when it was raised, the expert advice was that there was no evidence that they offered any protection against Covid 19 to the wearer.

So I really don't think it's fair to describe someone who has listened carefully to the most expert medical and scientific advice available, over a long period of time, and acted according to that advice, as stupid and selfish. Unless of course you know more than Jenny Harries, Deputy Chief Medical Officer for England, or her predecessor Professor Van Tam, who still both insist face masks are a waste of time and in fact, if not used properly, could even lead to an increase in the rate infection.

But you may know more than these two vastly experienced experts map, so what are your qualifications or expertise in this area ?

What evidence do you have that any increase anywhere is because of a refusal to wear face masks ? In this country the peak was the first week in April, now it's all but been eradicated, and all without any of the general public wearing a face mask. Whatever brought this disease under control in the UK, it most certainly wasn't face masks.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Ive seen more face masks thrown away on the floor than on people's faces,they are throwing them away like tab ends..the dirty beasties need fining for it if caught.
    Booth's car park in Clitheroe Alfie, littered with them, it's disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Booth's car park in Clitheroe Alfie, littered with them, it's disgusting.
    They have even spread to the woods up here ---unbelievable!

In other news, yet another Tory politician being investigated for alleged rape.

And last week a bunch of Tory cronies got peerages.

Including the Russian son of an ex-KGB spy. Goes by the name of Evgeny Lebedev. He will be scrutinising legislation in the Lords.

There is controversy over wealthy Russian oligarchs funding the Tory party. Coming on top of the delayed release of the Russian investigation, it has got me wondering....

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)