+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 145462636465 LastLast

Thread: This insanity is endless...

......"No vaccine certificate, = no entry into pubs, sports venues or cinemas"......and don't forget ,''No flights '', so no holidays abroad!
    ( I have been waiting since Jan/Feb - till now! )

fancy going to a peacful protest - voice your concerns, your objections, your nonconformity...thinnk again, because there's these cretionous loser thugs out to restrain your freedom...and plss on your rights.

Truly shocking video evidence of the Police State we are now living under Norder.

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR),

Both rights and obligations
    All States have ratified at least 1 of the 9 core human rights treaties, as well as 1 of the 9 optional protocols. 80% of States have ratified 4 or more. This means that States have obligations and duties under international law to respect, protect and fulfill human rights.

The obligation to respect means that States must refrain from interfering with or curtailing the enjoyment of human rights.
    The obligation to protect requires States to protect individuals and groups against human rights abuses.
    The obligation to fulfill means that States must take positive action to facilitate the enjoyment of basic human rights.
    Meanwhile, as individuals, while we are entitled to our human rights - but, we should also respect and stand up for the human rights of others.

Article 10 protects your right to hold your own opinions and to express them freely without government interference. This includes the right to express your views aloud (for example through public protest and demonstrations) or through: published articles, books or leaflets. television or radio broadcasting.

Article 11 protects your right to protest by holding meetings and demonstrations with other people
    You also have the right to form and be part of a trade union, a political party or any another association or voluntary group. Nobody has the right to force you to join a protest, trade union, political party or another association.

Watched PMQs today, it was like I'd fallen down the Rabbit Hole with Alice. First of all Starmer wanted to know what Boris was going to do about Debenhams and Arcadia, and the thousands losing their jobs and their pension rights, he seemed to have forgotten that these job losses were, in the main, caused by the economic devastation of the Lockdowns, and the day before he was saying they clearly worked and he was fully supportive of them. It was like watching someone dive into the sea for a swim, and then complaining he was wet when he got out.

Boris's reply was just as bizarre, he told Starmer he had no right to moan about job losses because he hadn't voted for the Tier system, but this is a system that's designed to close down the hospitality sector and throw thousands more out of work. By this time I'd heard enough, I switched it off and made myself a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Watched PMQs today, it was like I'd fallen down the Rabbit Hole with Alice. First of all Starmer wanted to know what Boris was going to do about Debenhams and Arcadia, and the thousands losing their jobs and their pension rights, he seemed to have forgotten that these job losses were, in the main, caused by the economic devastation of the Lockdowns, and the day before he was saying they clearly worked and he was fully supportive of them. It was like watching someone dive into the sea for a swim, and then complaining he was wet when he got out.

Boris's reply was just as bizarre, he told Starmer he had no right to moan about job losses because he hadn't voted for the Tier system, but this is a system that's designed to close down the hospitality sector and throw thousands more out of work. By this time I'd heard enough, I switched it off and made myself a cup of tea.
    Have a google sinkov on the latest comments from Baroness Hale, former top gun in the Supreme Court.

She is "bewildered" at the speed and absurdity of the COVID laws that are whizzing out of Downing Street.

It seems 95% of them are unenforceable too!

Aren't we all love "bewildered" love, aren't we all.

I'm just as bewildered as Spider Woman BT. In October I could watch Clitheroe playing football and go to the Higher Buck in Waddington for a meal out, then we had a four week Lockdown, Circuit Breaker, Firebreak, call it what you will. Just bear with it we were told, this lockdown we were were told, would bring the virus under control, in fact Starmer had been saying that two weeks would have been enough, but no we got four weeks instead, and at the end of it, instead of any benefit for being under house arrest for four weeks, I am now not allowed to watch Clitheroe play football, and the Higher Buck is forced to remain closed.

So four weeks house arrest to make the situation worse and the good lady Baroness is confused, she's not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'm just as bewildered as Spider Woman BT. In October I could watch Clitheroe playing football and go to the Higher Buck in Waddington for a meal out, then we had a four week Lockdown, Circuit Breaker, Firebreak, call it what you will. Just bear with it we were told, this lockdown we were were told, would bring the virus under control, in fact Starmer had been saying that two weeks would have been enough, but no we got four weeks instead, and at the end of it, instead of any benefit for being under house arrest for four weeks, I am now not allowed to watch Clitheroe play football, and the Higher Buck is forced to remain closed.

So four weeks house arrest to make the situation worse and the good lady Baroness is confused, she's not the only one.
    I think the title of the thread summarises this fu**ing nonsense up perfectly don't you?

Meanwhile the BBC in Lincoln has suspended one of its football reporters for referring to a minor altercation between two players as 'handbags' and also referring to another player who was feigning injury as a drama queen.

Do they not realise that many men carry handbags these days ---please tell me why the BBC find it offensive, in fact, don't bother because I just can't be arsed with all this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Truly shocking video evidence of the Police State we are now living under Norder.

I remember during the poll tax (protest) riots BT......was in the south-east, at a regular drinkery when friend of mine recognised a copper with a few others, he asked him "how, being it was a busy day for them, they weren't on duty" - reply was, "we've called in sick...because if we were there, it'd be alongside the people, not against them....."

Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 145462636465 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)