+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 36 of 65 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: This insanity is endless...

Here you are Outwood, I'm sure this would get to No 1 if they pushed it hard enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjZ_...nel=AlexSeraia

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Indeed there are OC, there are numerous highly qualified individuals, medical and scientific bodies disagreeing about the current Lockdown policy. The reason it's not obvious there are, is because the government and most of the media do not give any space to dissenting voices, for instance I've just had a look at the BBC website, there are over 30 Covid stories to choose from, not one of them questions in any shape or form government policy. It's taken as a given that the government way is the only way, so of course people like your good self and 59/60, who trust the BBC and get their news and info from it, don't know any different.
    Name some of the numerous Official committees or bodies that disagree. Maybe the BBC can’t find any that do? A few ad hoc groups complained in April but they had no status and have gone quiet now.
    How many other countries are doing this that have nothing to do with Boris, open your eyes and see as the song says
    Try Scotland Wales Ireland France Germany Australia and China and Asian countries.
    Head wobble time Sinkov.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Name some of the numerous Official committees or bodies that disagree. Maybe the BBC can’t find any that do?
    Here's a few to be going on with OC, but don't try too many at one go, it might come as a shock to someone who relies on the BBC for his news. Check them out, see what they're saying, if you have an open mind it shouldn't really be a problem, but somehow I suspect a lie down in a darkened room, with a nice cup of tea might be advisable afterwards.

Professor Martin Marshall, chairman of the Royal College of General Practitioners.
    Jonathan Sumption QC.
    Recovery.
    Jay Bhattacharya, Professor of Medicine at Stanford University.
    Professor Carl Heneghan, director for the Centre of Evidence-Based Medicine.
    Clare Craig, Consultant Pathologist, Imperial College Healthcare Trust/Head of Pathology at Panakeia.
    Martin Kulldorff, PhD, Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School/biostatistician and epidemiologist in the Division of Pharmacoepidemiology .
    Sunetra Gupta, Professor of theoretical epidemiology at the Department of Zoology, University of Oxford.

That should do to be going on with OC, but trust me, I can give you plenty more where they came from, dozens of them.

Here's a few to be going on with OC, but don't try too many at one go, it might come as a shock to someone who relies on the BBC for his news. Check them out, see what they're saying, if you have an open mind it shouldn't really be a problem, but somehow I suspect a lie down in a darkened room, with a nice cup of tea might be advisable afterwards.

Professor Martin Marshall, chairman of the Royal College of General Practitioners.
    Jonathan Sumption QC.
    Recovery.
    Jay Bhattacharya, Professor of Medicine at Stanford University.
    Professor Carl Heneghan, director for the Centre of Evidence-Based Medicine.
    Clare Craig, Consultant Pathologist, Imperial College Healthcare Trust/Head of Pathology at Panakeia.
    Martin Kulldorff, PhD, Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School/biostatistician and epidemiologist in the Division of Pharmacoepidemiology .
    Sunetra Gupta, Professor of theoretical epidemiology at the Department of Zoology, University of Oxford.

That should do to be going on with OC, but trust me, I can give you plenty more where they came from, dozens of them.
    Tried but can’t find anything for Marshall or Heneghan. We don’t have a lockdown policy yet, other countries do. Here’s some Public Health doctors offering advice which the chief Scientist and Medical Officer seem to be following here.
    One was my old boss.

https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2020/09/21...ent-5079217714

Experts, don't you just luv 'em, Imperial says they are, Kings says they're not. So which to believe, you might as well toss a coin. They don't really have a clue do they, if they did they'd all be in agreement, but they're not.

"Covid-19 rates are not surging, researchers at King's College have said after results from its symptom tracker app showed a far less deadly virus trajectory than Imperial College findings.

Earlier in the week, Imperial released interim data from its React-1 study which showed there are now nearly 100,000 new coronavirus cases a day in England, with nearly one million people infected. The Imperial team said rates were doubling every nine days and it was a critical time for lowering the 'R' rate.

However, King's College – which has been monitoring the symptoms and test results of millions of people through its app – said it was not seeing such alarming numbers. The app found 43,569 daily new symptomatic cases on average, and calculated that doubling was happening every 28 days."

Here's a reality check, with hospital admissions allegedly going through the roof, some journos have been trying find out what admissions normally run at in October, when the flu season kicks in, but have been having difficulty finding the relevant stats. One journo was even unkind enough to suggest that perhaps they had disappeared because the government had something to hide, but I can't believe that.

However one intrepid journo did manage to unearth a graph showing admission rates in autumn from 2010/11 to 2015/6. The October figures ranged from around 18,000 in 2010 to around 24.500 in 2016. Up to October 27th this year the figure is 19,915, so with four days to go, and with admissions running at about 1,200 a day, it's looking like the total this year will be around 24,000, roughly the same as 2016 then.

You can see why the government and the mad SAGE scientists, Dumb and Dumber, don't want these figures in the public domain can't you, doesn't exactly fit in with their narrative that the NHS is going to be over-run does it.

Here's a reality check, with hospital admissions allegedly going through the roof, some journos have been trying find out what admissions normally run at in October, when the flu season kicks in, but have been having difficulty finding the relevant stats. One journo was even unkind enough to suggest that perhaps they had disappeared because the government had something to hide, but I can't believe that.

However one intrepid journo did manage to unearth a graph showing admission rates in autumn from 2010/11 to 2015/6. The October figures ranged from around 18,000 in 2010 to around 24.500 in 2016. Up to October 27th this year the figure is 19,915, so with four days to go, and with admissions running at about 1,200 a day, it's looking like the total this year will be around 24,000, roughly the same as 2016 then.

Excellent - need more of this....Sinkov - but it has to go mainsteam...that being where they rope the dopes.

Flu figures are right down....so less again even.

Glasgow just put a note to staff to advise admissions are now as high as they were in March.

You and your conspiracy theories Sinkov Government doesn’t get involved in these, they are done by civil servants and provided to the public and parliament,

Just go to nhs digital for the numbers to July. It takes them a few months to compile and validate figures so these are the latest.
    https://digital.nhs.uk/data-and-info...20---july-2020

Norder
    Covid deaths in USA Well Out of date - they were 235000 as of yesterday and growing at 1000 a day. .
    Do you believe figures in 1920s would be accurate?
    Last edited by oldcolner; 31-10-2020 at 01:21 AM.

Norder
    Covid deaths in USA Well Out of date - they were 235000 as of yesterday and growing at 1000 a day. .
    Do you believe figures in 1920s would be accurate?
    just trying to cite some near honest numbers...Colner - as the Spanish Flu figure, it the same as the one quoted by the CDC I believe...but if you dont believe it, I can understand why....same as elsewhere - the CDC encouraged MD's to report C'19 as a cause of death...rather than the actual cause...the patients long term underlying health conditions...as the Testing, where a Positive result doesn't necessarily mean a person is sick with it or - that they died from it.

see here:

You and your conspiracy theories Sinkov Government doesn’t get involved in these, they are done by civil servants and provided to the public and parliament,
    Tell me about any of my conspiracy theories OC, I'm intrigued, I don't know of any, but you clearly know more than me. I assume what you're referring to is my pointing out that journos trying to compare this autumn's hospital admissions with last autumn's are having difficulty locating the figures, that's what they're finding, or in this case not finding, but it's nothing to do with me.

I do notice though that all government comparisons are done with figures from March/April and not last autumn, which would be much more relevant, seeing as the incidence of RIs is seasonally driven. I wonder why the government doesn't compare this October's figures with previous Octobers, perhaps like the journos, they can't find them either ?

Page 36 of 65 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)