+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: This insanity is endless...

This insanity is endless...

All the other threads are saturated so let's have one dedicated to COVID - insanity instead?

Blow Job's latest goofball idea is to close the pubs and reopen schools...

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/c...-a4514171.html

It's not Him directly he's now just a gob on legs. its some "scientific" advisers. BBC has a report with no science present that i've seen as yet. Imagine my shock. The longer it goes on the more like psychological torture it becomes. They have taken away all our pleasures and ability to plan for the future; they are even telling you next year there is probably no Olympic games as an instance. There is no end in sight from the Wuhan torture and its a given I reckon based on the BBC's snide hints they will smash your Christmas as well with Wuhan virus or a mark 2 version with the "Second" or "Third Wave". Maybe we should take bets for the date of the "Fourth" wave. Economically and psychologically we are being destroyed and demoralised just ready for the the "Reset" as per the World Economic forum website. international travel for you will be a rarity if you ever get to do it. They take all the assets and you get next to nothing; welcome to the new Marxism and eco-fascist state; your just a sheep. Anyone like to bet as to when we return to normality??
    Last edited by Deadlydave; 01-08-2020 at 02:39 PM.

I've been seeing my family for a month now and Blow job says I can't..Well I'm afraid in my book I can.. Blow job can Phook right off if he thinks he's stopping me seeing my grandchildren again.. I'm carrying on seeing them Phook him and his Lunies.

Oh, just a moment, have a look at the global death rates caused by COVID-19, then, perhaps revaluate your comments ?

"Was the “surge” in cases in the North West that prompted the Government to impose a local lockdown on more than four million people due to 14 additional people testing positive? It certainly looks that way.
    The ONS infection survey data showing that the number of infected people had risen from 0.05% of the population to 0.07% (still below the level of an epidemic), was based on just 59 people testing positive out of 116,026 swab tests over a six-week period. In the previous period, 45 people tested positive out of 114,674, which means the tipping point for a northern lockdown may have rested on only 14 extra positive tests. That’s well within the confidence interval so it’s perfectly possible that there’s been no increase at all and next week the numbers will fall.
    If you compare the most recent week’s ONS data it shows 24 people testing positive out of 28,325, compared to 19 out of 31,542 the previous week. So a total increase of five.
    Is this “the data” Matt Hancock referred to in his Twitter thread on Friday night when he announced the new restrictions?

No wonder some Tory MPs in “red wall” seats were furious when they heard the news. The Telegraph has more.
    “They were furious. They were calling it an outrage. One of them was all over the place, screaming his head off,” said a Labour MP who witnessed the row unfold. “These are Tories who think Boris Johnson can do no wrong, and you could see the scales falling from their eyes.”
    Sir Graham Brady, the Chairman of the Conservative backbench 1922 Committee and the MP for Altrincham and Sale West, said: “These new restrictions have been introduced over a large area, even though there are massive variations in infection rates. It is unfortunate that these restrictions were introduced so quickly and without consultation.”
    Another senior Tory, with an affected northern seat, said: “I just think there remains a default position of extreme caution which jars with the reality that we may have to live with Covid for a very long time and we have to get on with life.”

Insanity hardly begins to cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    Oh, just a moment, have a look at the global death rates caused by COVID-19, then, perhaps revaluate your comments ?
    We can all read map, we can all count, we all know the problems Covid is causing worldwide. What we're discussing on this msgboard is our government's chaotic, shambolic, incoherent reaction to it, which is devastating the economy, disrupting millions of lives, putting millions out of work and will consequently lead to far more tragic loss of life than Covid is causing, or ever will cause. See Post 5 above for a fine example of what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    Have a look at the global death rates for flu.

We speak to family -to friends, the postman, shop workers, the old couple walking their dog, the big lady in the chippy etc etc etc..."who'd you or your family know thats lost someone to this Covid malarky" I ask....same response from them all, they dont. The nearest i've got was a family friend who's father (in his 90s) was living in a nursing home for the last few years and was on his last legs with many a health problem, he popped it, and guess what - it was labelled as a Covid death - suffice to say, the family was not happy with that result.

To believe such nonsense when there's no motive behind the conspiracy is laughable at best. The government making mistakes with advice is one thing, but to think that its a non issue, to ignore guidelines and do dismiss the risk as a whole is both careless and selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by antifootball View Post
    To believe such nonsense when there's no motive behind the conspiracy is laughable at best. The government making mistakes with advice is one thing, but to think that its a non issue, to ignore guidelines and do dismiss the risk as a whole is both careless and selfish.
    ...and stupid.

Well said anti.

Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)