+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Redemption for Millwall.....

Redemption for Millwall.....

black cabinet minister James Cleverly has come out and said that "taking the knee is not for everyone" Millwall is leading the way insofar that tonight the Lions team will stand with arms linked in solidarity and no kneeling on the ground. We believe in racial equality but not in a subservient way. I really hope great teams like Burnley and others will follow our lead. Listen to the fans, Millwall did.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    black cabinet minister James Cleverly has come out and said that "taking the knee is not for everyone" Millwall is leading the way insofar that tonight the Lions team will stand with arms linked in solidarity and no kneeling on the ground. We believe in racial equality but not in a subservient way. I really hope great teams like Burnley and others will follow our lead. Listen to the fans, Millwall did.
    Hi Claw
    Seems someone has some sense. Taking the knee replicates someone’s death months ago and is now out of time.
    What are they really trying to say. In reality, blacks kill more whites in the US than the reverse. Some reciprocity is needed if it has to continue. I would prefer it to disappear. Just hope US cops learn how to treat people so it isn’t repeated.
    Does Covid allow arm linking though.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Hi Claw
    Seems someone has some sense. Taking the knee replicates someone’s death months ago and is now out of time.
    What are they really trying to say. In reality, blacks kill more whites in the US than the reverse. Some reciprocity is needed if it has to continue. I would prefer it to disappear. Just hope US cops learn how to treat people so it isn’t repeated.
    Does Covid allow arm linking though.
    I believe all team members are tested before play.

I believe all team members are tested before play.
    Claw that’s reassuring.
    There is a thread on Taking the knee which has wandered far off topic, so I put our posts onto that too to bring it back, so it may grow on that

It really doesn't matter one way or the other who does or does not take the knee becasue there will always be someone, somewhere who is either offended because they do take it or offended by the fact that they don't.
    Sadly, racism does exist in all walks of life, including sport, and it is individuals who promote racism and not football teams or their supporters. In the ideal world racism would not exist, however, sadly, we are far from the ideal world.

Nice to hear from you claw. Such is my profound hatred of racism, I am proud and happy to stand in solidarity with all Millwall fans, my friends and colleagues to put an end to racism.

I must admit I am pleased beyond words that your Lion-Hearted lot have initiated the first move to end what is by now the farcical “taking the knee” at football matches.

For good measure, I am certain if Burnley fans had been allowed in to Turf Moor on Saturday against Everton, we would have beaten you to it.

QUOTE=claw84;39641344]black cabinet minister James Cleverly has come out and said that "taking the knee is not for everyone" Millwall is leading the way insofar that tonight the Lions team will stand with arms linked in solidarity and no kneeling on the ground. We believe in racial equality but not in a subservient way. I really hope great teams like Burnley and others will follow our lead. Listen to the fans, Millwall did.[/QUOTE]

Why have you started your comment with the word “black” ? I don’t understand what the colour of this cabinet minister has to do with the point you are trying to make, or any other point, come to that.Does it matter what colour the cabinet minister is . ? If he was white European and lived on Brunshaw Road ,would you still emphasise that fact ? I doubt it. I actually agree with what you are trying to say, but emphasising the colour straight away was not the way to start the comment.

And there we have it in a nutshell malwayne. Whatever you say, someone will be offended.

We can't say "coloured," we can't say "black" FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    QUOTE=claw84;39641344]black cabinet minister James Cleverly has come out and said that "taking the knee is not for everyone" Millwall is leading the way insofar that tonight the Lions team will stand with arms linked in solidarity and no kneeling on the ground. We believe in racial equality but not in a subservient way. I really hope great teams like Burnley and others will follow our lead. Listen to the fans, Millwall did.
    Why have you started your comment with the word “black” ? I don’t understand what the colour of this cabinet minister has to do with the point you are trying to make, or any other point, come to that.Does it matter what colour the cabinet minister is . ? If he was white European and lived on Brunshaw Road ,would you still emphasise that fact ? I doubt it. I actually agree with what you are trying to say, but emphasising the colour straight away was not the way to start the comment.[/QUOTE]

Oviously it has more credence him being black saying what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    And there we have it in a nutshell malwayne. Whatever you say, someone will be offended.

We can't say "coloured," we can't say "black" FFS!
    Thanks for your support Bedders, our fans have had overwhelming support from across the football community, and in the press from the likes of Simon Jordan, Richard Littlejohn etc, on forums and Facebook. Those who accuse us of being racist should wind their necks in a bit we are not, in the last 10 years the fans chose a black player 5 times as their player of the year, Enough said.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)