+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: This insanity is endless...

"People don't wear them properly."

Yes, spot on anti, got it in one, people don't wear them, or use them correctly. Below is the official government advice on how they should be worn and used.

"wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser before putting a face covering on, and before and after removing it
    when wearing a face covering, avoid touching your face or face covering, as you could contaminate them with germs from your hands
    change your face covering if it becomes damp or if you’ve touched it
    continue to wash your hands regularly
    change and wash your face covering daily
    if the material is washable, wash in line with manufacturer’s instructions. If it’s not washable, dispose of it carefully in your usual waste"

And it soon becomes obvious that no-one will be carrying out the correct procedures, it's virtually impossible to carry out the correct procedures and it's sheer lunacy to expect that they will, or can be, carried out by the overwhelming majority of the population, however well meaning they may be. So, as Jenny Harries, Deputy Chief Medical Officer for England pointed out last week, if you can't wear one correctly it's better you don't wear one at all, or you are likely to be contributing to the spread of the disease.

Me, when I go out, I keep well clear of people in face masks, they're dangerous.

Alfi :
    ''Plan B is to carry on as normal like we did when the flu epidemic happened.''

Then I ask whats normal ?
    While some people are enormously rich, a large percentage of the population is languishing in poverty. Naturally, to build up a strong society, socio-economic disparity must be completely eradicated.

2019 The world’s 26 richest people own the same wealth as the poorest half of humanity. – Oxfam
    2018 The super-rich accumulated 82% of the wealth created the year before – the poorest half of world got nothing. – Oxfam
    2017 World’s 8 richest men are as wealthy as half the world’s population. – Oxfam
    2016 World’s richest 62 people as wealthy as half of the world population. – Oxfam
    2015 1% of the world’s population will own more wealth than the other 99% by next year. – Oxfam
    (2030 The richest 1% will control two-thirds of world’s wealth.)
    – House of Commons (UK) library figures

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Alfi :
    ''Plan B is to carry on as normal like we did when the flu epidemic happened.''

Then I ask whats normal ?
    While some people are enormously rich, a large percentage of the population is languishing in poverty. Naturally, to build up a strong society, socio-economic disparity must be completely eradicated.

2019 The world’s 26 richest people own the same wealth as the poorest half of humanity. – Oxfam
    2018 The super-rich accumulated 82% of the wealth created the year before – the poorest half of world got nothing. – Oxfam
    2017 World’s 8 richest men are as wealthy as half the world’s population. – Oxfam
    2016 World’s richest 62 people as wealthy as half of the world population. – Oxfam
    2015 1% of the world’s population will own more wealth than the other 99% by next year. – Oxfam
    (2030 The richest 1% will control two-thirds of world’s wealth.)
    – House of Commons (UK) library figures
    2011 Some charity workers have been known to take advantage of some of those they are supposed to be helping - Oxfam

Latest brainwave from the Cabal of Cretins is to lockdown and enforce stay at home for all of us over 50's.

Fecking good luck with that...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Latest brainwave from the Cabal of Cretins is to lockdown and enforce stay at home for all of us over 50's.

Fecking good luck with that...
    Attachment 16490

Just too good not to share.

"If they think us northerners fall for threats and fear they had better think again. Raves are being planned to give Blow Job a massive "V" sign. Masks my arse!"

Indeed Bt, and not just in Bolton,

"I’m in one of the areas recently “locked down” (BD20). We're actually nowhere near the city of Bradford, but presumably the Government couldn’t be bothered to plot accurate maps so just lazily locked down the whole council tax area.

Some good news. Matt Hancock’s plea for household distancing has gone down like a bucket of cold sick! Everyone I know – and I mean everyone – intends to take no notice of the new rules. Crucially, unlike in March, even the previous lockdown zealots are now jumping ship. I visited my mother-in-law's today with three generations of my family and it was totally different to March. No “sneaking around" needed. Gardens were full and people were happy to park cars outside and mingle freely as if nothing had been said. I think the penny is finally dropping. This will be forever if people go along with it this time.
    The same can’t be said for local businesses, unfortunately, who have one again been thrown under a bus by these measures."

The bad news is .....£100 fines for people breaking coronavirus lockdown rules in North to come into law TODAY. Which will force people in the new targeted areas in Greater Manchester, parts of Lancashire and West Yorkshire not to visit other people's homes.

The good news is ......All these Palestinians are looking for a job tunnelling from house to house, proven experts and very cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    The bad news is .....£100 fines for people breaking coronavirus lockdown rules in North to come into law TODAY. Which will force people in the new targeted areas in Greater Manchester, parts of Lancashire and West Yorkshire not to visit other people's homes.

The good news is ......All these Palestinians are looking for a job tunnelling from house to house, proven experts and very cheap!
    BT must be in the market to employ a few of these ----mustn't he?

Not sure if BT has deserted them completely? News around here in the north. I can hear this drone in the sky but fail to spot it . The Iron Dome defence unit was not far from here out in the fields. I heard aircraft flying over last night and we hit Syria again. Hezbollah have been trying to infiltrate on the border in the north.......although I did see a sign:
    ''When things get hot here ,BT is never near?''

A cardboard box

more Insanity !

Councils can demolish contaminated buildings under new powers to stop second coronavirus wave

Care homes, factories, offices and even private homes could be bulldozed as last resort if virus starts to run out of control

Local authorities will be able to order the demolition of buildings at the centre of coronavirus outbreaks under draconian powers to contain a potential second wave.

Cars, buses, trains and aeroplanes could also be destroyed subject to the approval of magistrates.

Boris Johnson remains determined to avoid a second nationwide lockdown and has given a broad range of powers to local councils to contain outbreaks as soon as they are detected.

Councils will be able to draw on six separate Acts of Parliament to impose lightning closures of public buildings, order mass testing, ban events or shut down whole sectors of the economy.

They will also be able to limit school openings to set year groups and restrict travel to key workers only.

The power to demolish buildings, however, is perhaps the most striking inclusion in the Government's Covid-19 Contain Framework.

The document, published by the Department of Health and Social Care, advises councils that, under the Public Health (Control of Disease) Act 1984, they can apply to a magistrate "to impose restrictions or requirements to close contaminated premises; close public spaces in the area of the local authority; detain a conveyance or movable structure; disinfect or decontaminate premises; or order that a building, conveyance or structure be destroyed".

It raises the possibility that care homes, factories, offices or even private homes could be bulldozed as a last resort if the virus starts to run out of control, although such measures have not been considered necessary during the outbreak.

Downing Street regards local or regional lockdowns as the way forward in containing coronavirus.

Councils have been given a list of all the laws they can use to restrict people's movement and behaviour, including the Coronavirus Act 2020.

Among the range of powers set out in the Government's advice to councils is the ability to "close certain businesses and venues (for example shops, cafes, gyms, recreation centres, offices, labs, warehouses); close outdoor public areas (for example parks, playgrounds, beaches, esplanades, outdoor swimming pools) and order deep-cleans of buildings or vehicles linked to outbreaks".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...w-powers-stop/

Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)