+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: This insanity is endless...

Obviously I'm not privy to the workings of every individual council in the UK but if Bolton Council are the yardstick, then may God fecking help us.

They can't even organise the filling of potholes in our roads, never mind tackle a virus.

"Councils can demolish contaminated buildings under new powers to stop second coronavirus wave"

Westminster Council could order the destruction of the Palace of Westminster, preferably including it's occupants as well, that would help for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "Councils can demolish contaminated buildings under new powers to stop second coronavirus wave"

Westminster Council could order the destruction of the Palace of Westminster, preferably including it's occupants as well, that would help for starters.
    Lol!

Attachment 16498

We can all read map, we can all count, we all know the problems Covid is causing worldwide. What we're discussing on this msgboard is our government's chaotic, shambolic, incoherent reaction to it, which is devastating the economy, disrupting millions of lives, putting millions out of work and will consequently lead to far more tragic loss of life than Covid is causing, or ever will cause. See Post 5 above for a fine example of what I'm talking about.
    This dude sees none of what you see sinkov...

Attachment 16503

Hancock's Half Hour in full meltdown mode now...

Attachment 16664

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Hancock's Half Hour in full meltdown mode now...

Attachment 16664
    I said months ago that PHE were largely responsible for our shambolic response to this pandemic, they were the body charged with preparing the country for a pandemic, and we weren't prepared. Hancock took a lot of flak for their failings, he's got one thing right at least by putting it out of it's misery. Will the body replacing it do any better ? Probably not.

Nobody does like Cronyism quite like the Tories. Cameron's alleged old bit of shag the former TalkTalk chief executive Baroness Dildo Harding, is married to John Penrose, a Tory MP and former minister. John Penrose sits on the advisory board of think tank “1828”, which “calls for the NHS to be replaced by an insurance system and for Public Health England to be scrapped. She's just been placed in charge of Hancock's Half Hour latest gaffe which will replace PHE...

Attachment 16669

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Nobody does like Cronyism quite like the Tories. Cameron's alleged old bit of shag the former TalkTalk chief executive Baroness Dildo Harding, is married to John Penrose, a Tory MP and former minister. John Penrose sits on the advisory board of think tank “1828”, which “calls for the NHS to be replaced by an insurance system and for Public Health England to be scrapped. She's just been placed in charge of Hancock's Half Hour latest gaffe which will replace PHE...
    Thanks a lot BT, I won't sleep tonight now that you've told me that. I'm absolutely livid.

You'll be telling me the party's full of of Old Etonians next.

Thanks a lot BT, I won't sleep tonight now that you've told me that. I'm absolutely livid.

You'll be telling me the party's full of of Old Etonians next.
    It get's worse sinkov, the Department of Education is run (for now) by a failed fireplace salesman.

Attachment 16674
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 19-08-2020 at 05:38 AM.

It is widely recognised that there is little talent in the cabinet.

Boris chose them carefully and they had to fulfill two criteria.

1/. They had to be hard brexiteers
    2/. They would follow his rulings without question

That is why he needs to keep them. Usually they would have had the bums rush by now.

Williamson, Cummings and Jenrick should all be gone, but Boris is gambling on the fact that there is still four years to the next election and people will forget stuff by then. I'm not so sure. Nick Clegg paid a high price five years after the tuition fee U turn.

If it all goes belly up, Rees-Mogg is waiting silently in the wings to take over.

Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)