+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: OT - Which of these bands have I NOT seen live?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Shouldn’t you say which one? Anyway...whichever one was right and The Tams ‘cos I’ve never heard of them.
    Two decent songs from them Be young, be foolish, be happy from '68 and, of course Hey girl, don't bother me from '64

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Thats one for MA, but I remember a single in the early 70s that was dismal
    Hey girl was 64 and be young was 68.....

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Hey girl was 64 and be young was 68.....
    GP's clearly only got a pop fan's handle on things, he's talking about the rerelease of Hey Girl so he would be familiar with the blue and red leather suits I referred to earlier. This was also played a number of times at The BBG in 1971, which was what turned me onto it as I stood on my milk crate waiting for the game to start, and from there onto soul music in general, so I have a real soft spot for it...

Edit, sounds such a simple song, but I've been trying for 40 years to master it on guitar and my incompetence has defeated me
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 04-08-2020 at 01:30 PM.

Even I was only 9 in 1964, don't think we had a telly and couldn't access pirate radio that far from North Sea... Might have heard a wee bit of Radio Luxembourg anyway point being I wouldn't have heard any music on radio at that age that I would recognise

erm, I saw neither of them, see post 117 above
    Ah...sorry I was confused by Swale saying...’Showaddywaddy and Bay City Rollers?’ and you promptly replying...in post #115, ‘That’s the one.’

So have we agreed it was Mud and The Tams and only the former are actually embarrassing?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 04-08-2020 at 06:27 PM.

no, its not the Tams - where did you get that idea from

post 115 was in response to andy's 113

the idea that a 60s american soul band would share a stage with mud is perhaps disingenuous
    Last edited by Geoff Parkstone; 04-08-2020 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    GP's clearly only got a pop fan's handle on things, he's talking about the rerelease of Hey Girl so he would be familiar with the blue and red leather suits I referred to earlier. This was also played a number of times at The BBG in 1971, which was what turned me onto it as I stood on my milk crate waiting for the game to start, and from there onto soul music in general, so I have a real soft spot for it...

Edit, sounds such a simple song, but I've been trying for 40 years to master it on guitar and my incompetence has defeated me
    Forest don't bother me, Forest don't bother me, go away come back another day, don't bother me.... followed by F U, F U C........... and you can guess the rest was an in vogue chant for a while on the Popside.

no, its not the Tams - where did you get that idea from

post 115 was in response to andy's 113

the idea that a 60s american soul band would share a stage with mud is perhaps disingenuous
    Hardly disingenuous. Confused maybe, although there were some very strange bedfellows/stage sharers in the seventies.
    So who did you see Mud with? Seems to have got lost.

The Rubettes 😱. Double header during rag week. The previous year was John Lee Hooker with Canned Heat. Sublime to the ridiculous

The Rubettes ��. Double header during rag week. The previous year was John Lee Hooker with Canned Heat. Sublime to the ridiculous
    Indeed...about as dreadful - and embarrassing - as Showaddywaddy and the BCR’s then. You should have sacked - or worse - the Ents Sec. and re-engaged the one from the previous year.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)