+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yorkshire Day - Led by OUR ROTHERHAM

I don't even know what a Jennel is?

Snicket, not sure which parts of Rotherham say Jennel. Not the bit I come from.
    Rotherham must be so big, could lay a claim to the massive tag!
    Last edited by millersrus; 02-08-2020 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by millersrus View Post
    Snicket, not sure which parts of Rotherham say Jenner. Not the bit I come from.
    Rotherham must be so big, could lay a claim to the massive tag!
    Thanks. I thought it was but not a word I've even used. Then again I've also never said watter or Rovrum.

Jennel well used word.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Jennel well used word.
    Not in Rawmarsh, never heard it used there.

Too much positivity The clock's ticking....

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Not in Rawmarsh, never heard it used there.
    Tha's reyt. Snicket.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Jennel well used word.
    Common in Sheffield but I’ve not heard it used much in Rotherham

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Not sure what the aim of this video is but if it's linked to any form of advertising then it's treading a fine line regarding " honest and truthful"
    Rotherham had been chosen to take the lead on the Yorkshire Day celebrations (that honour gets passed around each year) and, just as our town's luck would have it, the whole shebang had to be cancelled due to the pandemic. The video is/was made to celebrate Rotherham leading the county's celebrations on August 1st.

From a personal perspective, and I know I'm going to get lambasted for this but, I love my town. I love my country. But I'm sort of "meh" about the county. The whole Geoff Boycott, Michael Parkinson, Last of the Summer Wine way of acting and speaking, and the fake hatred of Lancashire etc I find a bit cringeworthy if I'm honest. And dont get me started on the War of the Rose's. FFS it was nothing to do with a territorial battle between people born on one side of the pennines vs those born on the other side.

Plus Yorkshire contains Sheffield, Bratfud, Hull and other pisspot towns that I feel absolutely no affinity to whatsoever. Sure theres lovely countryside but no better than Cornwall, Cumbria Devon, etc etc.

Give me Rotherham. Give me England. And to a lesser extent give me the UK, and that'll do for the Grumpster! 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Common in Sheffield but I’ve not heard it used much in Rotherham
    We should start lobbying to get the video remade using proper Rotherham words and kick these intruders back over the border.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast