+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Howe gone...

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You may be right 59 and it's my info that's wrong, but I was led to believe it was just Jason and Eddie up here, their families stayed down south.
    Not true sinkov. I know for 100% certain Eddie was living on the Edenfield side of Rochdale, next door to Keith Hill in fact. Mrs Howe was suffering from post natal syndrome and when his mother passed he had little choice but to return home.

A Burnley FC director told me personally, "Families must always come first". Made me proud to be a Claret.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Not true sinkov. I know for 100% certain Eddie was living on the Edenfield side of Rochdale, next door to Keith Hill in fact. Mrs Howe was suffering from post natal syndrome and when his mother passed he had little choice but to return home.

A Burnley FC director told me personally, "Families must always come first". Made me proud to be a Claret.
    It was very sad because his mother's death came out of the blue and was quite sudden. It is one of the worse things to cope with when a parent passes and you are a distance away from home. Add his wife's problems to that and you don't need much imagination to realise that his mind could not have been on the job in hand at that time.

On another aspect though, one thing which has puzzled me is the poor defensive record he had with the Clarets and also at Bournemouth. He was a central defender and Jason Tindall was a defensive midfielder and yet they just don't seem able to organise a defence! Strange/

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Fair enough BT, would you just confirm that Eddie's wife and family had moved up here with him, before I bo11ock the person who fed me the duff information. Thank you.

Fair enough BT, would you just confirm that Eddie's wife and family had moved up here with him, before I bo11ock the person who fed me the duff information. Thank you.
    Indeed Mrs Howe arrived to reside with her husband and hated every minute of it according to a very good source at the club. Hardly blame her can we? Poole or Norden is hardly an equal choice opportunity is it?

Eddie soldiered on, but when his mother passed unexpectedly, enough was enough. I am still shocked Eddie and Bournemouth have parted ways though sinkov.

You wonder where Eddie will go now BT, he seemed the perfect fit at Bournemouth. You have to wonder just why he doesn't fancy trying to take them back up, He's known nowt but football all his life, he must be looking for another club, but if he's wedded to that area, he's a bit restricted for choice. Anyway good luck to him, he seems a decent lad, maybe too nice I sometimes think.

You wonder where Eddie will go now BT, he seemed the perfect fit at Bournemouth. You have to wonder just why he doesn't fancy trying to take them back up, He's known nowt but football all his life, he must be looking for another club, but if he's wedded to that area, he's a bit restricted for choice. Anyway good luck to him, he seems a decent lad, maybe too nice I sometimes think.
    An Eagles supporting mate of mine from Sydenham says Howe will takeover from Woy at Palace. Sounds logical does that.

He says that he is going to take a break away from football and assess what comes next. It seems that the club were happy for him to continue but he decided that they would progress better with a change. Jason Tindall is in temporary charge, however, I wonder whether he will continue or feel that he is being disloyal to Eddie. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    He says that he is going to take a break away from football and assess what comes next. It seems that the club were happy for him to continue but he decided that they would progress better with a change. Jason Tindall is in temporary charge, however, I wonder whether he will continue or feel that he is being disloyal to Eddie. We shall see.
    He will join up again with Eddie at Selhurst Park.

Eddie at Palace, Villa staying up, the options for Sean are getting fewer by the day, good news for all us Clarets.

Eddie at Palace, Villa staying up, the options for Sean are getting fewer by the day, good news for all us Clarets.
    Indeed sinkov, indeed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)