+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uncertain Times at Oakwell

Uncertain Times at Oakwell

As we enter a week not knowing what league we will be in next season, whether we will have a Head Coach by the end of the week and whether key players will be sold, it means BFC life is a little uncertain at the moment. The major one will be the Appeal decision of course as Head Coaches and players come and go as a normal routine.

The EFL have followed their rules following an administration which is to have no discretion in applying the 12 pt deduction. Things become a little more discretionary, however, under the rules for the Appeals Hearing.

Rule 12:3:18 states that The League Arbitration Panel (The Appeals Panel) shall have the power to

a) confirm the deduction of 12 pts, or

b) set aside the deduction of 12pts and substitute a deduction of such a lower number of points as it shall deem appropriate, or

c) order that there shall be no sanction at all

in other words there is wriggle room for the Panel, if they feel there are any mitigating ciircumstances, to change the 12 pts to any number below 12 they wish. A reduction to 10 pts or less would see us relegated.

Uncertain times.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 02-08-2020 at 09:15 AM.

The more I think about the consequences of the appeal the more it mashes my head .

If this was simply a case of dropping down in to league one , selling some players to balance the books and then just getting on with it then it wouldn't bother me so much , we've had enough practice over recent years after all .

It's far more than that this time isn't it ? .

That £7m of tv revenue is the only thing that's going to sustain the club over the next 12 months .

The ST money I suspect may be enough to keep us going for possibly 2 to 3 months and once that is exhausted we are completely at the mercy of the ownership .

I have absolutely no faith that the ownership should the appeal go against us support the club financially in league one and no income getting generated .

In fact I can see them walking away and blaming the club entering administration on the EFL , which in truth would be only half the story .

Extremely worrying times .

I still don't know who's representing us surely chein & co have some high profile brief looking after their business side of things

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    I still don't know who's representing us surely chein & co have some high profile brief looking after their business side of things
    It wo mainly Wigan-v-EFL giving evidence on Friday Dools. We were only there as a sideshow being asked for any comments.

According to Paul his Big Boys will step up if it goes t1ts up though I'm not sure who they will sue and where if the Appeals decision is final.
    A Judicial Review of the process could take place burrif the EFL and Appeals Panel have worked within their rules Paul al get nowt arta that.

Am still sticking wi my original thought that Wigan will looiz their appeal and go down but I'm less confident than a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    It wo mainly Wigan-v-EFL giving evidence on Friday Dools. We were only there as a sideshow being asked for any comments.

According to Paul his Big Boys will step up if it goes t1ts up though I'm not sure who they will sue and where if the Appeals decision is final.
    A Judicial Review of the process could take place burrif the EFL and Appeals Panel have worked within their rules Paul al get nowt arta that.

Am still sticking wi my original thought that Wigan will looiz their appeal and go down but I'm less confident than a week ago.
    Aye I reckon Spud was at the appeal on friday all suited and booted and telling the panel about our sensible financial governance and painting the picture .

A character witness type statement if you will .

The legal side from the club will be rolled out should the appeal go against us I'd imagine .

My gut instinct sez it's going to go against us. The aftermath is then down to the consortium and it's their responsibility seeing as they're the owners.
    A show of hands please for who has faith in them.....Me neither.

A carnt get mi eead rarnd why it is relevant to the Appeal Hearing's deliberations who would be the unlucky "victim" going down instead of Wigan, (unless it were a "big" club of course).

I think we were invited to observe and check that all the rules and procedures were being followed to the letter in case there was legal action afterwards.

Just hope Wigan's QCs had a backhander from us to mess up then again chein and co wouldn't part with a wet fart

Someone I know who works for the club said they were 95% confident on Friday morning. By the end of the day they were 50/50

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzer1953 View Post
    Someone I know who works for the club said they were 95% confident on Friday morning. By the end of the day they were 50/50
    Am still 70/30 on Wigan looazin their appeal but, like ivverybody else who were not on the Appeals Panel hearing all the evidence, am talking arta mi arse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast