+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Right back

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Seems like recency bias to me, I'm about as big a fan of DKE you'll find but Brindley looked a class above from the moment he came in. We saw pretty much nothing of the "explosive firepower" that Barnet apparently had on offer according to BT Sport because Brindley quietly went about his business and kept them in his pocket.

All three goals came from the other side of the pitch today and despite some blaming him for the third goal, Alex Lacey cannot let the player stroll in front of him so easily and get to the ball first, he's the one that has to be getting in front and getting to the ball first. Full backs don't track wingers all the way across the box to the near post, it just doesn't happen, Lacey has to be aware and it was pretty much the only bad thing I've seen from him too. As Ardley said, too many players that have been performing well all season had off days.

The idea of the thread wasn’t to blame Brindley for anything in the game today specifically, it was just to gauge other fans views of the position. On occasion I have thought Kelly-Evans has had outstanding games and then been replaced the next game with Brindley coming back from injury.

Maybe I just like Kelly-Evans, maybe it’s, like others have stated, he gives 110%, out jumps people much taller than himself, but maybe because I rate him I don’t see the bad in him and the reasons he can’t hold down a first team place. Either one in my eyes would be a positive addition to next seasons promotion push.

Quote Originally Posted by Getsmart View Post
    The idea of the thread wasn’t to blame Brindley for anything in the game today specifically, it was just to gauge other fans views of the position. On occasion I have thought Kelly-Evans has had outstanding games and then been replaced the next game with Brindley coming back from injury.

Maybe I just like Kelly-Evans, maybe it’s, like others have stated, he gives 110%, out jumps people much taller than himself, but maybe because I rate him I don’t see the bad in him and the reasons he can’t hold down a first team place. Either one in my eyes would be a positive addition to next seasons promotion push.
    Hopefully we keep both, Dion showed he can fill in at left or right back which is massive when you're only allowed 5 subs (presumably that's changing if they're going along with the Prem and keeping the 5 changes allowed per game) and I think he'll only improve with time.

Not much to choose between them, in my opinion. Brindley hasn’t maintained his initial form but right back was the least of our problems yesterday. Didn’t really see the point of the substitution though, unless it was injury related.

Seems like recency bias to me, I'm about as big a fan of DKE you'll find but Brindley looked a class above from the moment he came in. We saw pretty much nothing of the "explosive firepower" that Barnet apparently had on offer according to BT Sport because Brindley quietly went about his business and kept them in his pocket.

All three goals came from the other side of the pitch today and despite some blaming him for the third goal, Alex Lacey cannot let the player stroll in front of him so easily and get to the ball first, he's the one that has to be getting in front and getting to the ball first. Full backs don't track wingers all the way across the box to the near post, it just doesn't happen, Lacey has to be aware and it was pretty much the only bad thing I've seen from him too. As Ardley said, too many players that have been performing well all season had off days.
    I think Harrogate targeted Bagan early on yesterday as a weak link. I think he looked a bit dodgy against Barnet tbh a bit lightweight. I also prefer DKE to Brindley, but everyone who didn’t play yesterday came away with their reputations enhanced.

The player ran past Brindley and was behind Lacey, surely it's Brindleys job to shout he could see what was happening.

I'm a Dion fan. Whenever I've watched him he gives everything and that makes up for his lack of height in my opinion. Much more dynamic than Brindley and can actually worry teams when he goes forward.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I think Harrogate targeted Bagan early on yesterday as a weak link. I think he looked a bit dodgy against Barnet tbh a bit lightweight. I also prefer DKE to Brindley, but everyone who didn’t play yesterday came away with their reputations enhanced.
    Definitely targeted Bagan yep. Plus the first 5 mins of the Barnet game Turner looked a bit iffy and I reckon Harrogate picked up on that too. They never gave him chance to settle and forced errors on both players.

All this adds up to Harrogate’s manager doing his job by preparing his tactics and ours not doing his homework.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    I'm a Dion fan. Whenever I've watched him he gives everything and that makes up for his lack of height in my opinion. Much more dynamic than Brindley and can actually worry teams when he goes forward.
    If you have a team full of players with Dion's attitude, you're going to be competitive in any league. He reminds me of the likes of Luke Rodgers and Alan Judge, not just by virtue of his relatively small stature, but with his infectious tenacity which sparks the players around him into life. Basically they play every game with childlike enthusiasm, as if they might never get the chance again, whereas other players sometimes look like they take the whole thing for granted, just going through the motions and "doing a job".

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    All this adds up to Harrogate’s manager doing his job by preparing his tactics and ours not doing his homework.
    And you know this how? Maybe some of the players did not act on Ardley's instructions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast