+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Home Town Club Harrogate Into The EFL.

My Home Town Club Harrogate Into The EFL.

Amazing really.

My grandad played for Harrogate Railway FC back in the 30’s when they were the bigger club and even until the last decade there wasn’t much difference in playing level between the two teams.

Owner Irving Weaver and his son Simon who’s the manager have done a fantastic job.

I’d love to see them draw Albion or another Midlands team in a cup match this season and hopefully get a chance to watch that.

I have a mate who’s a Barrow FC fan so it’s been a really unique season in a lot of ways.

Albion and Harrogate getting promoted and hopefully Stourbridge to go up next season.

Football at that level is still so “real”.

Magic day tbh.

Just posted about Harrogate Mick but now klnda withdrawn it. Im really pleased for them they will be a great addition to League 2 but gawd knows how that league is gonna operate this coming season though

The owner is a very wealthy guy and shrewd businessman so they’ll be one of the strongest sets ups in the lower levels.

They get a lot of income off their 3G pitch which now has to be ripped up but I’m sure they’ll be fine.

Harrogate v Bolton now there's a fixture

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Harrogate v Bolton now there's a fixture

Harrogate were brilliant. Lots of pace up front and deadly. Well done to them and hope our scouts were watching. Love watching young pacy kids as opposed to old nags like the three up front we have!

If there's no supporters at the start of the season - my view is the televised money from the Premier/Championship should also help fund those football clubs who are reliant on match day supporters!

I was hoping that Notts County would be the victors as one of my best mates is an avid County fan. Having said this, Harrogate thoroughly deserved ther victory as they were by far the better side throughout. In fairness to my mate, he also admitted this and wished them well for next season.

Very nice town Harrogate is, been there a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Very nice town Harrogate is, been there a couple of times.
    I like you even more Thomas😎

My home town and Watergate Bay.......you have impeccable taste 😆😆

It is really nice to see a new club in the Football League. Congratulations to Harrogate.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I like you even more Thomas😎

My home town and Watergate Bay.......you have impeccable taste 😆😆
    😅😎

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)