+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So What's Needed For Next Season

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Centre midfield. We need more energy, basically younger decent players. Doyle and JOB haven't the legs and Rose doesn't have the skill.
    I'd want cover for Wootton too.
    We're close to being good enough, terrible today but it's not like under Colin Murphy or Nolan where both teams failed in the play offs and had gone as far as they could go, promptly followed by relegations the following season.
    Doyle needs replacing, there's no way he can continue to go on playing every week if he stays here, Jim O'Brien I dont know, he's had an okay season and was excellent last week but I wouldn't want to be relying on him week in week out. Rose has probably been the biggest dissapointment of the season as he looked brilliant in the middle in League 2 despite us going down, this season he's been woeful.

Roberts, Enzio, Wootton, Thomas, Slocombe, Rawlinson, Brindley, DKE, Lacey and Dennis are all fine and I'd hope to keep those in that list that are out of contract, I'd be suprised to see Lacey stay though. We need to strengthen in the middle of midfield and at left back, if we retain the defenders we have I'd still feel confident of promotion next season, Turner had a mare today but was dominant last week and if he went we'd need to replace him with someone else as you need some big unit defenders in this league or you'll struggle, as we did at the start of the season before he was fit.

Turner was poor today but he’s been decent for us this season and he’s been the big centre half we’ve needed for many seasons. My question was why didn’t NA replace him with Rawlinson, or at least change something at the back. He was treading water for their third goal. I realise we were chasing the game but our defence was so poor today, we needed to do something!

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    1. Change in the playing squad
    2. Change in formation
    3. Change Manager

I'll go for 1&2
    Get rid of the donkey's Rose, Doyle etc

Fans and players not being forced to make political statements.

A new Manager

Main issue is the manager really needs to not be overpowered by the senior players, or at least grasp how to get the most from them, which doesn’t necessarily mean rolling them out to play every minute, as Harrogate and other teams have shown how the lack of legs can be brutally exploited.

Even at 39, with the levels of fitness he has Doyle could still be a great asset with his professionalism and leadership abilities. But he’s never even been subbed in a game this season, such is his influence. At his age that is absolutely crazy. Yesterday demonstrated in stark terms what happens when all our ‘experience’ comes up against a team with high energy so even if younger midfield reinforcements come in, they’re only going to be useful if they actually get on the pitch. For example, Crawford was brilliant pre-lockdown but wasn’t even given a shot late in the game yesterday.

Similarly, Turner - along with JOB the other most vocal pro in the dressing room - was brought straight back in ahead of arguably our player of the season, and wasn’t even subbed yesterday despite one of the worst individual displays any of our players have produced all season. Turner is one who’s definitely under contract next season and I worry about the state of our defence if he’s guaranteed to play 90 minutes no matter what.

Until Ardley gets control back and isn’t afraid to use these senior pros selectively (when they would undoubtedly be assets), I can’t see us kicking on and pushing for the title next season.

What's needed for next season is a medical miracle so that the world becomes a safer place and clubs can rake in revenue from packed stadiums.
    It ain't going to happen, old chap.

... we actually no very little about NA and Coxy work with the team and individuals in the team; or about team selection; or about player fitness/injuries. Just because NA doesn't jump up and down remonstrating with players doesn't fit with some armchair know-alls. You can bet his public persona is different from the one that deals with team matters. As St Jimmy once said to a well meaning supporter - but in broad Scots/Anglo Saxon - 'you go and do your job and I'll do mine, now f-off' ...

A more aggressive and energetic manager. Standing on the touchline looking miserable hardly motivates the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Biker9999 View Post
    A new Manager
    Another Daft Lad Alert.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast