+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So What's Needed For Next Season

So What's Needed For Next Season

1. Change in the playing squad
    2. Change in formation
    3. Change Manager

I'll go for 1&2

... oh for g.ds sake, formation doesn't matter!

4. Actually playing from the kick off. Far too many games this season we haven’t started playing until we’re a goal down or until the half time whistle.

I think 1 & 2 as well.

A couple of the old guard to leave (or take on more of a back-up/coaching role like Alan Smith did) and a few more young hungry additions, hopefully of the quality we've been scouting with more success recently. Plus perhaps a more frequent switch to a 4-3-3 formation. Put it this way, if we're going to play 4-4-2 we can't expect to do it successfully with a midfielder approaching 40 years of age and Mitch Rose.

After today I'd say "rearrangement of deck chairs on the Titanic" but we did undeniably finish third, so (let's just try and forget today for a moment) we can't really be that bad?

A miracle, we didn't lose we inbarressed ourselves. Zero crowds and is our parachute payment halved this year?

For me, the midfield needs strengthening. We need greater mobility and creativity and we also need to solve the conundrum of how to play Roberts & Enzio in the same team. Assuming, they’re both still with us of course! I know Rose works hard but he doesn’t cut it for me. Enzio is an enigma, plenty of ability but strolled around today as if it were a friendly.
    We’re lacking pace at the back as well. Turner has done well for us this season but was exposed today.
    Experience is valuable but we need a younger side with pace and energy throughout.

Centre midfield. We need more energy, basically younger decent players. Doyle and JOB haven't the legs and Rose doesn't have the skill.
    I'd want cover for Wootton too.
    We're close to being good enough, terrible today but it's not like under Colin Murphy or Nolan where both teams failed in the play offs and had gone as far as they could go, promptly followed by relegations the following season.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Centre midfield. We need more energy, basically younger decent players. Doyle and JOB haven't the legs and Rose doesn't have the skill.
    I'd want cover for Wootton too.
    We're close to being good enough, terrible today but it's not like under Colin Murphy or Nolan where both teams failed in the play offs and had gone as far as they could go, promptly followed by relegations the following season.
    Spot on.

As others have said central midfield. A Bishop and Ravenhill combo. Two energetic and high energy terrier like spoilers that do the dirty but v.ital work of stopping the opposition playing and going forward and win the ball and give it to the flair and creative players when we go on the attack.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast