+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Israel folau

navy I dont know if you've read much about what Israel was up to in Australia prior to his return to the UK but it might be a good idea to inform yourself. It's up to him whether he takes the knee I don't care either way but the guy is a grade one bell end. Putting all his homophobic stuff all over twitter for example. I'm a pretty cruisy guy but the guy is just a knob and I can tell you right now he doesn't practice what he preaches. Shagging radio celebrities on the sunshine coast for example whilst preaching religious morals. Try and find a better role model that didn't take the knee than this cock head if that's what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    navy I dont know if you've read much about what Israel was up to in Australia prior to his return to the UK but it might be a good idea to inform yourself. It's up to him whether he takes the knee I don't care either way but the guy is a grade one bell end. Putting all his homophobic stuff all over twitter for example. I'm a pretty cruisy guy but the guy is just a knob and I can tell you right now he doesn't practice what he preaches. Shagging radio celebrities on the sunshine coast for example whilst preaching religious morals. Try and find a better role model that didn't take the knee than this cock head if that's what you are looking for.
    Doesn't matter what the man's done in the past,it's about having the balls not be forced onto his knee.
    Just to add. Apparently all players "choose " to take the knee. Really?
    Last edited by navypie; 03-08-2020 at 06:07 AM.

Sunshine Coast radio celebrities......an oxymoron for sure. I assume you’re not talking about the Alan Jones level of celebrity status...just the generic breakfast crew half wits that play 5hite music and can’t shut the fuqq up?

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Just had a quick look out of curiosity and just another religious zealot who seems unable to follow Christian principles. I am constantly amazed (well I shouldn't be because I should have learned by now) at the number of people I've come across personally, including members of the clergy, who seriously are nowhere near to following the example that I've read of Christ.

However this "knee" business is getting to be like "bullying" and I'm afraid I cringe. Reminds me of the Black Panther movement and it is not a solution to whatever issue is seen as being the problem. I don't think it was a solution then, well it wasn't otherwise we wouldn't have BLM now.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Sunshine Coast radio celebrities......an oxymoron for sure. I assume you’re not talking about the Alan Jones level of celebrity status...just the generic breakfast crew half wits that play 5hite music and can’t shut the fuqq up?
    It's a long story but I'm in the know. It's not a very interesting story either but it does just show what a prick he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Just had a quick look out of curiosity and just another religious zealot who seems unable to follow Christian principles. I am constantly amazed (well I shouldn't be because I should have learned by now) at the number of people I've come across personally, including members of the clergy, who seriously are nowhere near to following the example that I've read of Christ.

However this "knee" business is getting to be like "bullying" and I'm afraid I cringe. Reminds me of the Black Panther movement and it is not a solution to whatever issue is seen as being the problem. I don't think it was a solution then, well it wasn't otherwise we wouldn't have BLM now.
    Like I said I don't really mind either way on taking the knee and I do agree about the pressure to conform. However this guy not doing it means nothing to me. he's an idiot and I had no respect for him before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    I was hoping that wouldn't be done at Wembley but too much pressure applied to teams. Nobody wants to stand out.
    Since the days of the Greek, Persian, Roman and British Empire, taking the knee has been an act of submission normally followed by an execution. Summarily, it cannot be treated as an act of defiance.

Quote Originally Posted by Supporter since 1951 View Post
    Since the days of the Greek, Persian, Roman and British Empire, taking the knee has been an act of submission normally followed by an execution. Summarily, it cannot be treated as an act of defiance.
    I take it you haven’t ever done the romantic down-on-one-knee proposal of marriage to a lady friend? Or been knighted by HM the Queen? Going down on one knee has more than one meaning, depending on context.

Quote Originally Posted by applepie View Post
    I take it you haven’t ever done the romantic down-on-one-knee proposal of marriage to a lady friend? Or been knighted by HM the Queen? Going down on one knee has more than one meaning, depending on context.
    The down on one knee proposal of marriage is probably just an English tradition. When you are being knighted you are actually being submissive to the person knighting you. After all you can be knighted with a sword without kneeling down.

Quote Originally Posted by Supporter since 1951 View Post
    The down on one knee proposal of marriage is probably just an English tradition. When you are being knighted you are actually being submissive to the person knighting you. After all you can be knighted with a sword without kneeling down.
    Followed by an execution. I rest my case.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast