+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ins and outs

Ins and outs

No..not the s.exual act..but the transfer window.

Who do you guys think will be going, and who coming in?

Recent transfer rumors are certainly interesting. Matty Cash coming in will surely mean Lowton or Bardsley will leave and if the Chelsea come in for Pope with anything more than 30m I feel he'll be off too.

Who the feck is gonna be Popes replacement if he leaves? Heaton back from Villa?

Quote Originally Posted by antifootball View Post
    No..not the s.exual act..but the transfer window.

Who do you guys think will be going, and who coming in?

Recent transfer rumors are certainly interesting. Matty Cash coming in will surely mean Lowton or Bardsley will leave and if the Chelsea come in for Pope with anything more than 30m I feel he'll be off too.

Who the feck is gonna be Popes replacement if he leaves? Heaton back from Villa?
    Well make one signing right up to dead line day and then go for one or two to show willing, possibly a full back as stated above,

Well sell Pope because reality is he knows he has to leave , I really can see Tarky going as well to financially balance us.

If this happens you might see three signings and Dale Fry in a swap with Gibson.
    The keeper we have to trust peacock Farrell we bought him as a prospect if we brought in a replacement in front of him when 3 keepers have left since he joined , he’d be very unhappy I’d think

For the first time I a while I think we could struggle the squad is ageing and injury prone it’s time to invest or pay the price I think .

Pope's departure could be hugely problematic unless Billy Mercer has been working his magic with Bailey Peacock-Farrell and do we have a capable understudy, should the goalkeeper injury jinx happen again?

If we lose Tarkowski in addition to Pope, the Championship beckons.

According to SkyBet we're 2nd favourites behind Besiktas to sign Pukki from Norwich. I'm not buying this one, we have four strikers already, someone has to go before we'd have any interest in another one.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    According to SkyBet we're 2nd favourites behind Besiktas to sign Pukki from Norwich. I'm not buying this one, we have four strikers already, someone has to go before we'd have any interest in another one.
    I think your right Sinkov but it could be Barnes , I think he’s getting to an age where niggley problems start and when you get there it’s all downhill , JBG is the same , you’ll have been there I’m sure it just gets harder to shrug injuries off when your getting older ( Barnes signed a contract not long back as well ) if he stays I think he’ll be just a bit part player subbing.

As for Pukki I’d take him I think , Vydra - Barnes would leave , but Dyche would make him a better player.

We need width though and players who can pick a pass and deliver a cross ( accepting McNeil is still here at least one from the opposite side ).

Pukki? - No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    you’ll have been there I’m sure it just gets harder to shrug injuries off when your getting older
    Does it army ? It's so long since I was trying to shrug off football injuries I've forgotten, the only injury I risk now is getting out of bed in the morning.

Pope and Tarkowski will both know if they line up for a bigger club their chances of playing for England will be a lot better.

I can't see why we are in for a right back first though, surely with Bardsley signed up for another year that would come last?

Pukki fits the bill. You need to take your chances when you're Burnley and he should be good at that. He also has no stand out attributes other than finishing which means he can't out run or out skill the rest of our team.

None of this running into channels business Vydra does.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)