+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Please don't waste the Money

Even though Tammy needs 5 or 6 chances to score, I would still take him over Origi.

We desperately need a good crosser of the ball, Joe Lolley or Matty Cash from Forest, they can have CH in a swap deal.

I do like CH, but 27 prem games, 3 goals, 5 assists is poor, considering that he takes every single set piece. We must get at least 15 decent free kick positions/corners per game. That’s at least 405 decent dead ball situations in his 27 games, leading to 8 goals. Or a success rate, per dead ball of 1.98%.

Drop the sentiment, this league ain't for romance. It's ruthless, and so must we be.

Isn't Joe Lolley A Villa fan?

Targett for me is a work in progress and it depends whether or not he has cover behind him - Jack/Trez (when played out left) seemed to do a better job of that in the last few games, definitely right to expect more for £17M. In a 3-5-2 he'd do well now that Luiz has improved so much.

Tammy - yes please, has had a full season in the prem scoring 15 goals and would get chances.

Purely on tonights performance in the play off final. You can keep Benrahma, useless! No way is he worth anywhere near 20 million?

Completely agree Dave. Throughout Brentford’s run in and Play Off games, he has been anonymous. When the pressure was on, he hid. I was disappointed with Watkins as well, but like our front 3 last season, he had no service. They only needed 2pts against 2 relegation threatened teams, for automatic promotion, and paid the price by doing a Leeds.

Surely, we can do better?

Can't really base a transfer on one game. I've seen Benrahma play a fair few games this season, and he is a typical flair player. Like every flair player some games EVERYTHING goes right for you, other times you look like a Donkey. It's always been the same, thinking back to Ashley Young, Mahrez, Adam Traore, even the likes of Salah and Mane. Except those 2 don't have mares very often, which is why they are £100m players, not £20m.

I'd definitely give Benrahma a contract at the Villa and he would be my only none PL experienced purchase. The others being Mccarthy, Origi and Tammy.

I would agree Sam, but I've based my opinion on his last 5 games. All high pressure games. All 5 opponents pressed and left a foot in.

Just an observation.

Origi, mm. I'm not sure Sam, hes a lot like Davis, full of running can hold the ball up but not that good infront of goal. From what Iv'e seen of him, thats not a lot and even his YouTube clips are disapointing. They repeated a clip 6 times of one goal from different angles, a bit like Samatta's!!
    I would would place two priorities,
    1. Keep Jack at all costs
    2. Get Tammy in at all costs

After that, start getting rid before we buy. A winger yes, but get shot of AEG and Jota first, strengthen the midfield but get rid of Nakamaba, Landsbury Drinkwater First.

Totally agree Dave. Still undecided on Nakamba though. Petrov wasn't very good on his 1st season with us. Coker was usually 1st choice that season.
    Part of me thinks if we have the intention of being a top European team again we should sign some proper players like Lukaku Young Milner

No worries about Drinkwater Dave he was only a loan signing, now back with Chelsea. 👏👏👏

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)