+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please don't waste the Money

Please don't waste the Money

Whoever is scouting for us this year and whover is buying the players, we need to be getting this 'Buying' done right for a change!
    Talk of 100 mill cannot be sniffed at or blown.
    We have wasted ten of millions in the likes of:
    Hogan
    Samatta
    Targett
    Kalanic
    McCormack
    Nakamba
    Wesley
    Theres at least 90 million without wages, not far off 100 million👀
    Some signings have worked.
    Heaton
    Guilbert
    Mings
    Konsa
    Luiz
    MaGinn
    Trez?
    But surely two top striker or one with a winger Must be a priority, Must be wise and Must be proven.
    Benrahma and Mitrovic are obvious choices But are they any different to what has failed before, both Championship standard, they could be good they could be, well, just average!
    How much for these two, 50 mill?
    Thats a big gamble.
    Should we be looking abroad and no not Belgium or Holland or Sweden.
    Spain maybe Germany! There can always be a Gem hidden out there but we cannot afford to buy average or just good players from the championship!
    Anyone got any Names that are proven?
    Bongo, with your spanish links?
    If we are to keep Grealish, we need players that make him want to stay, no intent and he will be asking for a transfer which means Utd will get him on the cheap.
    Come on Villa, get it right.

The problem is Dave, goal scoring strikers are a rare commodity, we’d be looking at 60 mil +. Non goal scoring strikers are ten a penny, we already have 3 of those, and one of them will not be up to speed until Xmas.

Excluding the top 6 for a minute, and let’s not forget Wolves and Arsenal were 7&8 respectively. Any Latino striker worth his salt will pick Bielsa, Nuno or Ancelotti over Smith. Balkan strikers may prefer Bilic, unless we can offer a better fee and wages. This is where wasting money comes in.

Our ‘pool’ for players is reducing by the day, with pre-season starting in a week or so, recruitment is going to be tough going. 100m will not go far. Even someone like Olly Watkins will be around 40m, Mitrovic 60m!!!! If Brentford don’t come up, they’ll be able to fund their new stadium with 2 sales, or just ‘Benrahma’ (there you go av ).

Hope DS still has some luck left in the tank.

Onwards & Upwards UTV

Im suprised you included Targett in that list. Not amazing but i thought he dod better than Gulibert this season. Im still undecided on both but definatly wouldn't sell either.
    I think Wesley will be a good 2nd striker. The day he got injured was his best game for us and was starting to look decent. We need a proven one. Tammy would fit in nicely. Scores goals, fans love him and knows the club.
    Benrahma and Tammy will significantly improve us and thats what we need. We need cover at fullback.

I dont know much about the spanish league Dave. It's a poor league in my opinion. I only know Bale and if our owners want us to be a top club why not sign him. Huge statement.

I saw a photo the other day of Bale being shown around VP, it was quite conving till some one declared 'Fake News' photi shopped? I think.....
    Targett, well he is ok and I like him going forward but we paid £17,000,000 for a left back. I wouldnt mind trying him on the wing or left midfield but his tackling is poor and leaves us exposed down that left side.
    Had he been signed for 5 mill, i would have said he was money well spent as for Wes, he makes Samatta look like hes got one leg but still not a premiership player!

17 million! i didnt know that!

Were being linked with Origi from Liverpool. Him or Tammy yes please

Origi needs to make a real name for himself, why not with us?

Ive just checked his stats out. Surprisingly not very good? Seem more like a hold up player. Maybe him and Tammy up front then? 90m for both.

Nope, thats too generous, on the pool forum, they are saying that they would want around 20 mill for Origi. Tammy 40 tops. So 60 mill max, I would rather just have Tammy.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)