+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The North Stand, its time?

The North Stand, its time?

With the new season only weeks away and the prospect of no or very few fans allowed back into VP, surely its the right time to get rid of that eyesaw? Its so dated now and limits our capacity. Another prem season gauranteed with money for new players, if they opened up the ticket office now the 40,000 would sell out.
    We are aiming for the future so do it, knocking the stand down would cause no disruption and would be ready for the 21/22 season.

Thoughts!

Makes sense Dave it’s all gone a bit quiet about that stand hasn’t it.Maybe the owners are looking for a bit of consolidation first before shelling out the money.

On a side note I remember it being built watching it grow game after game standing yes standing on the holte ...happy days.

Absolutely the right time to do it. Even if fans do come back after xmas, it will be reduced capacity for at least 12 months.

It didn’t look too bad (from the Holte) back in the late 70s when it was built. It’s looked shabby now for nigh on 20 years.

Take the plunge now, but don’t butcher it, like they did with the Holte.

When is the right time? I mean when is it exactly when have achieved consolidation, we could be in the prem for the next 5 years, okay times right and then get relegated! Has anybody been in the north stand? Its alway a good view but the seats and the tiny concourse area behind the stand, makes me feel uneasy!
    Do it now, get that capacity up to around 55 to 60,000. We sold 30,000 ST last year, we could have sold the lot but you have to allow for the casual supporter or those restricted by work or just cost!, i do around 8 visits to VP now adays, work is or was too demanding. Some people pick because of a birthday, local derby or around Christmas, it does not make them any less a villa fan. I think 55k is about right, get that wrap a round on the go, plans have been submitted and accepted. Think big if not bigger!!

How often would we fill it though Dave - say we become an established mid table side?

Here we go again Dave, the wrap around v 4 stands debate.

Never been in the North Stand, except when it was an open terrace called ‘The Witton End’.

THE 4 STANDS PEOPLE'S FRONT OF VILLAMAD. OI,Oi Oi, as yubby would say

I have been in there many a time mainly through availbilty of tickets. Would we fill it, I think we would, its just the time we are in and demand. For the guys who used to visit the church back in the day, massive crowds were followed by avergae crowds. Today everyone wants to be attached to something popular, exciting and of course, its now a game for everyone, families are a big part and loads more women are watching. The stigma of it being a male only activity went out years ago. 30,000 ST tickets went like hot cakes, 8000 on standhy and a further 9000 in the loyalty club.
    For anyone who has never been in the NS, the concourse is so small, I suffer with the fear of confined spaces and its certainly confined, horrible old grey concrete and steel. A zillion steps and tiny refreshment areas with queues that push you back to the toilets that hold a max of 5 people and boy do they smell no, got to go and the timing is right.

100% agree it needs replacing, just not sure about capacity when you factor in the parking and local infrastructure which is already a big part of the reason why people leave early. Could probably accommodate a few thousand extra seats with the room there is in the corners and the space to build out back, a smaller version of the Holte outside and in would look superb.

There's ample land at the back, the Villa Villa is coming down, carparking twice as big as the Holte...weve been talking about expansion since I was 15, that was 40 bloody years ago, we used to have 48,000 back then!

Build it, and they will come!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)