+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2020-21 Fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Ebbsfleet to stay up then?
    They were extremely unlucky to be placed in the bottom three having finished with more points than Maidenhead. If you look at the wild difference in form between the two pre-lockdown it's hard to imagine Ebbsfleet would have finished below Maidenhead after 46 games. One of the biggest injustices of the PPG ruling.

Just updated the Google Earth football grounds plug-in on my laptop.

There are now only six grounds north of Meadow Lane in our league, effectively five because Wrexham are pretty much due west. It's almost a Southern League.

Altrincham will be our 3rd nearest rivals (after Chesterfield and Solihull), we have played them once before in the FA Cup in 1972 at Moss Lane (their ground since 1910). Kevin Randall scored the only goal from the spot.

King's Lynn Town play in blue and yellow. If you remember the Walker-Slade era you might remember Colin Hoyle, he ended up leaving us for Kings Lynn, as did early 70s cameo player John Richardson.

Weymouth, a trip to the seaside, wear sky blue with claret trim. 1960s player Bobby Forrest left us for them.

Wealdstone wear blue and don't actually play in Wealdstone, they play in Ruislip (near Barnet's ground).

Not exactly Bolton, Mansfield, Oldham or the Bradford massive is it. *sigh*

Just a word on the 3rd October start date. I was speaking to my Aldershot contact earlier and he said they have yet to receive any confirmation of a start date for next season, with or without fans. He mentioned something about a meeting tomorrow but I couldn’t quite grasp what he was saying as I was driving in deepest Norfolk at the time with a dodgy signal. Anyway off to walk the dog on the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Altrincham will be our 3rd nearest rivals (after Chesterfield and Solihull), we have played them once before in the FA Cup in 1972 at Moss Lane (their ground since 1910). Kevin Randall scored the only goal from the spot.
    I went to that game, I think it was the first time I'd been to a non-league ground. I was young then and expected us to beat them easily, but it was a real struggle. I've wised up a bit since!

Just updated the Google Earth football grounds plug-in on my laptop.

There are now only six grounds north of Meadow Lane in our league, effectively five because Wrexham are pretty much due west. It's almost a Southern League.

King's Lynn Town play in blue and yellow. If you remember the Walker-Slade era you might remember Colin Hoyle, he ended up leaving us for Kings Lynn, as did early 70s cameo player John Richardson.

Weymouth, a trip to the seaside, wear sky blue with claret trim. 1960s player Bobby Forrest left us for them.

Wealdstone wear blue and don't actually play in Wealdstone, they play in Ruislip (near Barnet's ground).

Not exactly Bolton, Mansfield, Oldham or the Bradford massive is it. *sigh*
    I blame myself for our current predicament. On one of our many jaunts to and from North Norfolk about 18 months ago we were passing through Kings Lynn and got stuck in traffic outside their ground. Jokingly I turned to the missus, laughed and said ruefully “won’t be long before Notts are playing here”. Many a true word said in jest, I apologise profusely.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    October 3, I believe. My money's on an away trip to Torquay or Dover.
    They'll save that for a Tuesday night.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I blame myself for our current predicament. On one of our many jaunts to and from North Norfolk about 18 months ago we were passing through Kings Lynn and got stuck in traffic outside their ground. Jokingly I turned to the missus, laughed and said ruefully “won’t be long before Notts are playing here”. Many a true word said in jest, I apologise profusely.
    Would you mind driving back via Norwich and saying the same when you pass their ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Would you mind driving back via Norwich and saying the same when you pass their ground?
    They'll go bust if he does that and we'll end up playing AFC Norwich in 5 years.
    Say it outside Fword's ground, I wouldn't care which league we were playing in so long as we were in the same division as them.

they'll go bust if he does that and we'll end up playing afc norwich in 5 years.
    Say it outside fword's ground, i wouldn't care which league we were playing in so long as we were in the same division as them.
    xdxd

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Gawd no..........

Attachment 16486
    It's like the good old Anglo Scottish Cup all over again. If I remember correctly our inability to defend a quick throw in against Chesterfield cost us the chance to be the last winners of the cup before the competition ceased.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12