+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Numb

Numb

Feeling so sad today. I had a inkling we would get beat and I knew we would be nervy, but for it to happen in the fashion that it did has left me so numb.

Think my body is just trying to switch off the pain. That first half was so hard to take.

Maybe it could work to our advantage for next season as it has exposed all the bottlers and has beens, at least we have time to change.

Time to get rid of captain ****wit. He should be the first out the door in my opinion. Never really liked him.

Brindley has to go. Always preferred Dion anyway.

Ardley thought that experience would see us through in that game and it didn't.

If Turner stays he needs to use that awful display as a springboard for next season and try and right the wrongs.

Have to keep Robert's for any chance of automatic.

God, it's a right **** being a Notts fan innit.

If Turner stays he needs to use that awful display as a springboard for next season and try and right the wrongs.

Remember, form is only temporary; class is permanent.

The most annoying thing for me is that we did not even turn (apart 15 minutes in the second half).

I strongly believe if we had played some of the good football we have this season we would have won, but we just froze and chucked it away.

I was actually really gutted about not being able to go yesterday, but I am glad I couldn't in the end.

I've lost count of the number of times I've said "It's not the defeat, it's the manner of the defeat". I can take losing, but when we just don't show up it's hard to accept. You can carry one player having a bad game, maybe two, but more than that and it's always going to be an uphill struggle.

After watching Harrogate against Borehamwood, I still cannot believe that with a week to prepare we weren't ready for their high energy game. We should have had the skill and guile in our squad to counter this but we just froze. They had far more desire to win that game, throughout the team. Collectively, we just didn't want it enough. Very disappointing in that regard.

Next season we need to be intent on nothing less than the top spot.

Quote Originally Posted by ireallyhateforest View Post
    The most annoying thing for me is that we did not even turn (apart 15 minutes in the second half).

I strongly believe if we had played some of the good football we have this season we would have won, but we just froze and chucked it away.

I was actually really gutted about not being able to go yesterday, but I am glad I couldn't in the end.
    Yep. Defo annoying that we didn't turn up first half. Seemed like we were **** scared of Harrogate starting quickly. Gave them too much respect. That is down to Ardley. We needed to come out as the bigger threat. Negative tactics only win you finals if you're Mourinho about 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    I've lost count of the number of times I've said "It's not the defeat, it's the manner of the defeat". I can take losing, but when we just don't show up it's hard to accept. You can carry one player having a bad game, maybe two, but more than that and it's always going to be an uphill struggle.

After watching Harrogate against Borehamwood, I still cannot believe that with a week to prepare we weren't ready for their high energy game. We should have had the skill and guile in our squad to counter this but we just froze. They had far more desire to win that game, throughout the team. Collectively, we just didn't want it enough. Very disappointing in that regard.

Next season we need to be intent on nothing less than the top spot.
    This^^^

Automatic this year or get rid. Makes you wonder how the game would have panned out with if Rawlinson, Kelly-Evans, Bojo and Thomas had have started, maybe even Crawford.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    This^^^

Automatic this year or get rid. Makes you wonder how the game would have panned out with if Rawlinson, Kelly-Evans, Bojo and Thomas had have started, maybe even Crawford.
    I said at the beginning of the game to my mate. "Turner has a mistake in him". I've been a fan of Rawlinson all season. Occasion too big for Bagan, Brindley did nothing.

Dennis deserved his start though.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    I said at the beginning of the game to my mate. "Turner has a mistake in him". I've been a fan of Rawlinson all season. Occasion too big for Bagan, Brindley did nothing.

Dennis deserved his start though.
    Is Zoum fit? Can't have been any worse than Bagan was.

When we beat Harrogate at their gaff, we had Dion, Baka, Booty and Rawlinson all in starting 11. Think Doyle was suspended. It was a much younger and more energetic team. Thats what was needed yesterday, but Ardley stuck to his old guard against the most energetic team in the league. The mind boggles. Wonder what will become of Booty? Shame he is always injured.Really rated him.

The irony is that many believed our experienced players would be key to Notts’ success yesterday. Sadly, the performances of Turner, JOB and Doyle were all woeful. Struggling to understand why Rawlinson and Crawford weren’t brought on!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast