+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coping with Failure

Coping with Failure

Before you get upset, can i remind you that i am a Cambridge fan, and when it comes to failing we win the FA cup. Hang on, lets compare....umm.

To discharge feelings you must let it happen, the sorrow, depression, the humiliation. Cambridge have never lost to Harrogate, thats because we have never played them, but you have and lost. Thats not good, is it. Is it as strong as humiliation?, id say so. Where is Harrogate, somewhere ooop norf .

Recognising the source of your failure is important, you are powerless to influence the outcome of matches, so your emotions are attached to something you cant control. Do you want that to continue? It is like a crucifiction, you cant stop it, especially if the Romans are involved. You could take yourself down off the cross before the nails go in.

Conversely, winning will be an equal pleasure as the pain of defeat is today. Will you live that long though? Also taking a positive attitude into the future will help, and learning from your mistakes.

The only way you can learn from your mistakes is to stop watching County, as the pain will lessen and go away over time. I suspect you wont do that, so your pain will continue well into the future. How many results like yesterdays can you take, or as next year, disasters must happen like

Notts County 0 Kings Lynn 3.

My admiration for you knows no bounds, may you be blessed by a higher power, and to get anywhere, you will need one.

Ricky of Fulbourn Old Drift.

... we havn't failed. For a club that was 2 hours away from folding and no team 2 days before the first fixture, we have had a successful season. This is not a short term game. We have time to develop and continue moving forward. COYP

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post
    Before you get upset, can i remind you that i am a Cambridge fan, and when it comes to failing we win the FA cup. Hang on, lets compare....umm.

To discharge feelings you must let it happen, the sorrow, depression, the humiliation. Cambridge have never lost to Harrogate, thats because we have never played them, but you have and lost. Thats not good, is it. Is it as strong as humiliation?, id say so. Where is Harrogate, somewhere ooop norf .

Recognising the source of your failure is important, you are powerless to influence the outcome of matches, so your emotions are attached to something you cant control. Do you want that to continue? It is like a crucifiction, you cant stop it, especially if the Romans are involved. You could take yourself down off the cross before the nails go in.

Conversely, winning will be an equal pleasure as the pain of defeat is today. Will you live that long though? Also taking a positive attitude into the future will help, and learning from your mistakes.

The only way you can learn from your mistakes is to stop watching County, as the pain will lessen and go away over time. I suspect you wont do that, so your pain will continue well into the future. How many results like yesterdays can you take, or as next year, disasters must happen like

Notts County 0 Kings Lynn 3.

My admiration for you knows no bounds, may you be blessed by a higher power, and to get anywhere, you will need one.

Ricky of Fulbourn Old Drift.
    Keep applying the Savlon, by the way you rub it in. How ever you Country Bumpkins may take it orally. 🤣🤣🤣😭

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post
    Cambridge have never lost to Harrogate, thats because we have never played them,.
    There's something for you to look forward to next season. Don't forget to thank us for it.