+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Neil Cox...

Bradford interested in Roberts...?

S****horpe United want to talk to Notts County assistant boss Neil Cox about taking the manager's job at Glanford Park.

But the Magpies coach is one of several candidates the Iron want to discuss the role with and Notts Live understands no offer has been tabled.

Cox hails from S****horpe and started his career at the club before going on to grace the Premier League with Watford, Aston Villa and Middlesbrough.

He has been assistant to Neal Ardley at both Notts and AFC Wimbledon, but has not ruled out becoming a manager himself in the future.

But speaking to S****horpe blog Irn Bru, the Magpies' assistant says he would be happy to talk to the League Two side although admitted he is enjoying his time at Meadow Lane.

“I would like to speak to the football club, yes, but at this moment in time I’m on a really good project at Notts County," he said.

Notts County manager Neal Ardley and assistant manager Neil Cox (Image: Dan Westwell)
    “At this moment in time they’re doing a great job and I can see a lot of success here.

“I would never say no. I always like to speak to people, but I just think at the moment with being under contract, Notts County is where I need to be”

“I would love to be a manager. I’d love to have my time. Over the last five years, I have had one or two offers to go into league football clubs but it hasn’t been the right time or that football club hasn’t fitted what I was looking for.

RELATED ARTICLES

Notts County live webchat with Leigh Curtis: What will happen after Wembley heartbreak?

“I think if you want to go into management, you cannot afford to go in there and be getting sacked after six or seven games – which a lot of managers seem to do and then not be in football again.

“I’m looking for, if the opportunity comes up, somewhere that’s a little bit stable.

“Somewhere where the owners or chairman understand what the football club is about, how it needs to be run and that the academy players need to be brought into the side."

Alongside Ardley, Cox has helped the Magpies to reach third place in the National League as they missed out on the chance to return to the Football League on Sunday against Harrogate in Sunday's play-off final at Wembley.

Notts are also in the semi-finals of the FA Trophy which has given Notts the chance of sealing another potential date at Wembley.

Other candidates that among the bookies odds to take the S****horpe job are Nigel Adkins, Gary McSheffrey and Keith Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    S****horpe United want to tal k to Notts County assistant boss Neil Cox about taking the manager's job at Glanford Park.

But the Magpies coach is one of several candidates the Iron want to discuss the role with and Notts Live understands no offer has been tabled.

Cox hails from S****horpe and started his career at the club before going on to grace the Premier League with Watford, Aston Villa and Middlesbrough.

He has been assistant to Neal Ardley at both Notts and AFC Wimbledon, but has not ruled out becoming a manager himself in the future.

But speaking to S****horpe blog Irn Bru, the Magpies' assistant says he would be happy to talk to the League Two side although admitted he is enjoying his time at Meadow Lane.

“I would like to speak to the football club, yes, but at this moment in time I’m on a really good project at Notts County," he said.

Notts County manager Neal Ardley and assistant manager Neil Cox (Image: Dan Westwell)
    “At this moment in time they’re doing a great job and I can see a lot of success here.

“I would never say no. I always like to speak to people, but I just think at the moment with being under contract, Notts County is where I need to be”

“I would love to be a manager. I’d love to have my time. Over the last five years, I have had one or two offers to go into league football clubs but it hasn’t been the right time or that football club hasn’t fitted what I was looking for.

RELATED ARTICLES

Notts County live webchat with Leigh Curtis: What will happen after Wembley heartbreak?

“I think if you want to go into management, you cannot afford to go in there and be getting sacked after six or seven games – which a lot of managers seem to do and then not be in football again.

“I’m looking for, if the opportunity comes up, somewhere that’s a little bit stable.

“Somewhere where the owners or chairman understand what the football club is about, how it needs to be run and that the academy players need to be brought into the side."

Alongside Ardley, Cox has helped the Magpies to reach third place in the National League as they missed out on the chance to return to the Football League on Sunday against Harrogate in Sunday's play-off final at Wembley.

Notts are also in the semi-finals of the FA Trophy which has given Notts the chance of sealing another potential date at Wembley.

Other candidates that among the bookies odds to take the S****horpe job are Nigel Adkins, Gary McSheffrey and Keith Hill.
    Where the owner understands .......

And he came to Notts with Alan Hardy!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123