+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Neil Cox...

Challinor is manager at Hartlepool, managed Crawford at Fylde, hope it's not true but seems plausible and I think Crawford's out of contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Evesham Pie View Post
    Not too sure I'd place too much reliance on what Ex Agent says. He only joined Twitter in June and has only started posting in the last 24 hours. Among the 20 posts so far, he's linked Notts with signing Mackail Smith as a player coach, Tom Walker from Fylde and Ade Azeez from Newport. Also Hartlepool are interested in Tom Crawford and Chesterfield considering making offers to Fitzsimons, Tootle and Tyson (not much imagination in that one, huh?) .
    It could well be a fake account.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    It could well be a fake account.
    6/1 second favourite (Russell Slade 3rd favourite)

Cox is an ex-player of theirs.

''6/1 second favourite (Russell Slade 3rd favourite)

Cox is an ex-player of theirs''.

Who's favourite then UTM?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    ''6/1 second favourite (Russell Slade 3rd favourite)

Cox is an ex-player of theirs''.

Who's favourite then UTM?
    Simon Grayson 4/1.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Simon Grayson 4/1.
    I think they've shut the door on that one...?,!x

I'd take Grayson at Notts too.

I couldn't care less if Cox goes. I'm not particularly bothered about any of the players either. They are all easily replaceable at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    I'd take Grayson at Notts too.

I couldn't care less if Cox goes. I'm not particularly bothered about any of the players either. They are all easily replaceable at this level.
    The merry-go-round of players, managers and staff has ruined the game to a large extent, supporters are basically left identifying with the badge and the ground. Nothing more. You can't even identify with colours these days as almost every club wears its' away kit regardless of a clash.

I don't buy the idea of building for a future. How can you? How can we build a squad that can compete to challenge at the top of L2 when we're up against part-timers and/or clubs that struggle to pull in 1.5k crowds? How many decent players - chiefly motivated by furthering their careers rather than money - are going to want to drop this far down? All Notts can do realistically is to pursue the short term goal of getting out of this division and to do that you need players that can play at this level motivated by wanting to get a chance at a higher level. Most of them won't be good enough if we get there (just as our Munto squad was inadequate for the challenge of L1 once Kasper and a couple of others had left, only surviving on the final day thanks to mad dog).

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    What a gay day

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    The score was always on the door.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast