+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Our finances

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Spending more doesn't but spending money you haven't got certainly does.

Agree that poor recruitment is also a hugely contributing factor. NCFC could write the book on this subject sadly
    That's the major change I see with Ardley and Reedz. Seems so far that we have a decent recruitment strategy. Having got rid of a lot of the dead wood, I expect us to be stronger and better next season. Under Hardy I would expect Rose to be replaced by an expensive higher league has been, with the current set up, I'm expecting a stronger, fitter midfield next season, and yes even counting with Doyle.

Northern Prem club goes:

The first of many?

http://droylsdenfootballclub.com/new...-competitions/

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Northern Prem club goes:

The first of many?

http://droylsdenfootballclub.com/new...-competitions/
    So they've quit the league (and also all cup competitions) but they still hope to survive long term.

Dover seem the most likely at our level to follow that scenario, Macc above. If Macc plus one other FL club quits or goes bust before the fixtures are released then Notts should be invited in. However, if the NL can't guarantee a start date then will the FL accept Harrogate? They said they won't relegate Stevenage without assurances that the NL will re-start this season.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Davy you've seen the light. Woohoooo, congratulations.

Massive unsustainable overspending by consecutive owners over a lengthy period of time = the club going lower and lower through the leagues(L1>L2>NL).
    Thanks for the thums up, i really appreciate that

Its all true, but it still does,nt change the fact that when managers come in they are paid to do a job , no matter what, they accepted the job in the first place
    And lets face it , some managers have been well paid to do so, and have been heavily backed in the transfer window, so they are more to blame, after all they are supposed to be the football experts . Then later when they fail, try to blame everybody else

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post

Its all true, but it still does,nt change the fact that when managers come in they are paid to do a job , no matter what, they accepted the job in the first place
    And lets face it , some managers have been well paid to do so, and have been heavily backed in the transfer window, so they are more to blame, after all they are supposed to be the football experts . Then later when they fail, try to blame everybody else
    You are just going round in circles, some blame Ardley others don't, it is all about opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post

Not sure what your point is

Could well mean that Chessie remain in the NL for the foreseeable future? Been there.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...A-7307FDA12A29

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Even Pavis found out that splashing the cash on players with pedigree is no guarantee of success if you haven't got the right manager. In the Walker/Slade/Kendall season we spent.......

£300,000 Nigel Jemson
    £350,000 Peter Butler
    £250,000 Chris Marsden
    £110,000 Devon White
    £75,000 Graeme Hogg
    £200,000 Mike Forsyth
    £60,000 Kevin Russell

So that's £1.35 million, we sold Draper for less than that early in the campaign and whilst some of the players above were decent, only one of them made any real impact in the long-ish term (Devon White). Gary Mills and Steve Nicol also joined that season on what must have been decent wages.Notts basically chucked the Draper money on the fire.
    Vinny Arkins joined the following season for £100,000.
    In the modern rea I would be surprised if any of those players would attract a fee other than perhaps Jemson ( who was fat and lazy at Notts and clearly taking a pay check).

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    In the modern rea I would be surprised if any of those players would attract a fee other than perhaps Jemson ( who was fat and lazy at Notts and clearly taking a pay check).
    Talking of Pavis & signing players that were signed for a fee & did nothing for Notts. Stuart Rimmer from Chester 300k, Agana 685k.
    Rimmer was prolific for Chester but dire for Notts. Agana was part of a strike force with Deane at Sheff Utd, was a ballerina at Notts, could tackle himself & fall over with the ball

Probably Pavis best deals were Charlie P 20k, Don O free?, Steve Cherry 75k? & Craig Shortt (with brother) 100k sold for 2.5m
    Last edited by irishpete; 07-08-2020 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Talking of Pavis & signing players that were signed for a fee & did nothing for Notts. Stuart Rimmer from Chester 300k, Agana 685k.
    Rimmer was prolific for Chester but dire for Notts. Agana was part of a strike force with Deane at Sheff Utd, was a ballerina at Notts, could tackle himself & fall over with the ball

Probably Pavis best deals were Charlie P 20k, Don O free?, Steve Cherry 75k? & Craig Shortt (with brother) 100k sold for 2.5m
    Don't know how much he cost but Phil Turner must be worth a shout.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast