+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Our finances

Our finances

It looks like a lot of lower-league and non-league clubs will be struggling to survive, with no fans allowed through the gates for the foreseeable future. And even when they are, loads will stay away while the pandemic is still headline news. I saw on another thread a link to a story about Dover Athletic, whose entire squad is available for free transfer. Surely a few others will be in a similar situation.

This got me thinking: what's the situation like at Notts? We know that we have what must be an expensively assembled squad for this level, and that our parachute payments will be cut in half. But do we have any idea about the backing that our owners can provide? I remember they said in an official statement that their commitment to the club was unwavering, despite the current crisis, and that they are here for the long term (thank god), but I wonder how careful we'll have to be with money over the next season or two.

It's clear that the owners want to run the club in a sustainable way in order to achieve long-term success and avoid the boom-and-bust approach that Hardy went for, and I'm all for that. But what's not clear is whether that long-term plan will be severely impacted by current events, or whether we can in fact capitalise on the situation.

For clubs that can afford it, now is the time to double down and invest. So many clubs will be forced to let go of their best players this summer, so there will be loads of talent available. Come the start of the season, it will be interesting to see how strong our squad will be compared to the current one.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    It looks like a lot of lower-league and non-league clubs will be struggling to survive, with no fans allowed through the gates for the foreseeable future. And even when they are, loads will stay away while the pandemic is still headline news. I saw on another thread a link to a story about Dover Athletic, whose entire squad is available for free transfer. Surely a few others will be in a similar situation.

This got me thinking: what's the situation like at Notts? We know that we have what must be an expensively assembled squad for this level, and that our parachute payments will be cut in half. But do we have any idea about the backing that our owners can provide? I remember they said in an official statement that their commitment to the club was unwavering, despite the current crisis, and that they are here for the long term (thank god), but I wonder how careful we'll have to be with money over the next season or two.

It's clear that the owners want to run the club in a sustainable way in order to achieve long-term success and avoid the boom-and-bust approach that Hardy went for, and I'm all for that. But what's not clear is whether that long-term plan will be severely impacted by current events, or whether we can in fact capitalise on the situation.

For clubs that can afford it, now is the time to double down and invest. So many clubs will be forced to let go of their best players this summer, so there will be loads of talent available. Come the start of the season, it will be interesting to see how strong our squad will be compared to the current one.
    Allegedly the brothers are backed by their extremely rich dad, so I wouldn't be unduly worried

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post

All the noises from the owners suggest that they can maintain the financial stability of the club through this difficult period, providing it doesn't go on forever. I would be surprised if we were in a position to "invest" as in spending more, but it could be that our owners will maintain the current budget or cut it less than other clubs at this level will have to do, which ultimately should still be to our advantage.

The bottom line though - literally - is that they need to do whatever they need to do to ensure the budget balances, because Notts fans know better than most what happens when it doesn't!
    Last edited by jackal2; 03-08-2020 at 07:15 PM.

I wonder if this will impact Football Radar - a legal move being driven by none other than Russell “football genius” Slade:

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...-russell-slade

Still, if the Reedtz brothers are being backed by their billionaire dad, we should be OK. The only certainty from the coronavirus is that the super-rich will be unaffected (and will even increase their fortunes),

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I wonder if this will impact Football Radar - a legal move being driven by none other than Russell “football genius” Slade:

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...-russell-slade

Still, if the Reedtz brothers are being backed by their billionaire dad, we should be OK. The only certainty from the coronavirus is that the super-rich will be unaffected (and will even increase their fortunes),
    I disagree, NW6. Why should the Super Rich be unaffected? If unearned income is their main lifeline, even that will take a tumble. The basics of demand and supply will always apply and right now demand for most non-basic goods is nose-diving like a stricken aeroplane.

There's nothing to worry about. Any Fword fan will tell you it only takes a few of their fans to chuck some loose change into a bucket to save Notts County. Who needs wealthy owners when we know we can rely on a handful of council estate r*d backs to keep us afloat.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Allegedly the brothers are backed by their extremely rich dad, so I wouldn't be unduly worried

I've heard this mentioned before. Have we any proof of this, however flimsy?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I've heard this mentioned before. Have we any proof of this, however flimsy?
    The amount of money they have invested in Notts against the income from Football Radar means they must have other sources of funding. Saying that, they do invest in Danish markets which you can't always see as easily as say Companies House. Also feed into the fact Trew was apparently in discussions with a Danish Billionaire before selling to Hardy... It's a very weak link which is mainly circumstantial at best and more hearsay and guessing to be honest

If you go to the Companies House web-site and search Notts County Football Club you will see their Financial Statement for the year ending June 30 2019. On Page 2 you will find a reference to Covid 19 and the future, etc.,
    I'm sorry that I can't include the link.
    I also tried attaching their accounts to this response but failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Supporter since 1951 View Post
    If you go to the Companies House web-site and search Notts County Football Club you will see their Financial Statement for the year ending June 30 2019. On Page 2 you will find a reference to Covid 19 and the future, etc.,
    I'm sorry that I can't include the link.
    I also tried attaching their accounts to this response but failed.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast