+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Time to

Time to

I imagine the bad news will have been relayed to Tony mowbray this weekend when he returned from holiday.
    We badly need defensive reinforcements but it sounds like alot of hope will be put on the shoulders of the youth.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I imagine the bad news will have been relayed to Tony mowbray this weekend when he returned from holiday.
    We badly need defensive reinforcements but it sounds like alot of hope will be put on the shoulders of the youth.
    Thats the times we are now living in. Fans need to be aware. Surely everyone realised that having no fans would have a huge knock on affect. And India have suffered more than the uk. So Venkys will have really taken a huge hit. It's clear Rovers won't have any money to spend. That's nothing. It's just a luxury anyway. We have more than enough players, and load of academy players ready to play. In another breath, I see reports stating Rovers are preparing an offer to buy a CH from Stoke for £2m. A player nobody has ever heard of, a lad who is 5th or 6th choice for Stoke. Never gets a game and factor in how crap Stoke where, questions need to be asked why anyone would allowe TM to waste more money.
    I'm of the belief Armstrong will leave, to raise some money to enable Rovers to buy a keeper & CH.

But way more importantly, if there is still a football club in 12 months time I'll be surprised. Loads of clubs will fold in this next season. Rovers could well be one of them. Next season will be a dog fight on the pitch. They are much closer to going down than ever going up. I feel a relegation fight next season is on the cards.

I just get sick of all the rumours.
    Many of them are simply agent-plants, anyway!
    Mowbray has been away, so what does it even mean when a reports says, "Rovers are interested...."?
    No doubt the PL clubs will still be spending fortunes to stock their Reserves, and the parachute-money will probably get thrown about too, but I think the vast majority of deals from the Championship, down, will be "frees" and out-of-contract players.
    With the salaries included in the cap, it's hard to see how clubs without the equivalent of our Academy are going to get through the season.

Its happening to us all lads, we're all going to keep feeling this lockdown knock-on effect in this next season.
    Btw, I think they're starting it way too soon, and its absolutely stupid that they want to cram it all in by early May '21.

As said, most clubs in the same financial boat as Rovers, without having an academy of our quality to draw upon. On the pitch, barring sales, I think we'd be fine.

One unfortunate knock-on effect is that Academy players who are not on the fringe of first-team squad might not be allowed out on loan - in case of injuries.
    In turn, that will have an impact on the next three Divisions down.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)